The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #180

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #180 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In honor of Woodstock. I've nominated this twice before:

I'm Going Home ~ Ten Years After (released 1970 / performed Sunday, August 16th 1969)

And, in keeping with my hippie music theme (I was quite the little hippie chick back then), a song that oh so applies in todays world:

Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave ~ Dave Mason (1970)

Edited by Guest
Forgot the artist!

Since most people seem to be nominating songs from the Woodstock era so far, I'll do the exact opposite. These songs are both the second and current single from the current albums from popular Australian bands (well, Evermore are really New Zealanders, but we stole them). :P

Losing Friends Over Love - Eskimo Joe (2009)

Can You Hear Me - Evermore (2009) (READ BEFORE WATCHING: The video actually has two songs on it. The first song is called Faster. The song I am nominating starts about 1:55 into the clip).

Edited by Guest

The Moody Blues ruled on Friday night. Isn't is strange how some bands sound a helluva lot better live in concert, and when you're totally sh*tfaced on beer and tequila?! So, for my first, I will nominate the song that impressed me the most on Friday night....

"Isn't Life Strange" - Moody Blues (1972)

...and for my second...

"Strange Magic" - Electric Light Orchestra (1975)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The Moody Blues ruled on Friday night. Isn't is strange how some bands sound a helluva lot better live in concert, and when you're totally sh*tfaced on beer and tequila?! So, for my first, I will nominate the song that impressed me the most on Friday night....

"Isn't Life Strange" - Moody Blues (1972)

...and for my second...

"Strange Magic" - Electric Light Orchestra (1975)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

"Isn't Life Strange" - The Moody Blues

...I only could find live versions...

"Strange Magic" - ELO

Lea I thought you were going to nominate Rolling Stones...

So I'm nominating them instead... but if you change your mind, I'll change my nomination.. :)

"I've Got The Blues" - The Rolling Stones

"Cracklin' Rosie" - Neil Diamond

I really, really like the Stones song I want to nominate and want to be able to put it as my #1 on my list.

I knew Pinkstones was going to nominate Us and Them so I decided to wait until next week. Of course the Floyd song will be my #1 it's one of my favorites :thumbsup:

A lot of really, really good songs this week. This is gonna be a tough one.

Maps ~ Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2003) Video and mp3

according to NME this is the "Best Alternative Love Song of All Time"

Lead singer Karen O wrote this about her boyfriend Angus Andrew when he left her to accept a job offer. Andrew is lead singer of the band Liars.

Saint Joe on the Schoolbus ~ Marcy Playground (1997) Video and mp3

Aunt Mary

Aunt Mary

Aunt Mary says

they have the darkness there... in their eyes

just because you're a one-hit-wonder, doesn't mean that you can't have other great songs :D

Edited by Guest