The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #111

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #111! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

** Don't forget to vote in the Ultimate Final, if you haven't already done it!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky Man ~ The Verve (1997) Video

Happiness

More or less

It's just a change in me

Something in my liberty

Oh, my, my

Happiness

Coming and going

I watch you look at me

Watch my fever growing

I know just where I am

But how many corners do I have to turn?

How many times do I have to learn:

All the love I have is in my mind?

But I'm a lucky man

With fire in my hands

Weather with You ~ Crowded House (1991) Video

Things ain't cookin' in my kitchen

Strange affliction wash over me

Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire

Couldn't conquer the blue sky

Well there's a small boat made of china

It's going nowhere on the mantlepiece

Well do I lie like a loungeroom lizard

Or do I sing like a bird released?

Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you

Everywhere you go you always take the weather

Thanks Laurie. :)

Yes, I've gone back to my 'Lista'now. I have to be more regulated.

My computer has bitten the dust, so Young55 let me use his a couple of times today until he gets around to fixing it - we hope. It's probably outdated now.

Cheers All. :headphones:

Six Pack - Black Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLYnW07VA_I

:bow:

This is uncanny. On saturday afternoon, while I was at the playground with my youngest, I had this riff going on my head, which I thought would go nicely with some lyrics I wrote recently. I was adding imaginary drums, etc. and the song was taking shape nicely. After a while, I concluded that my new riff was just too similar to the intro of Six Pack.

:bow:

This is uncanny. On saturday afternoon, while I was at the playground with my youngest, I had this riff going on my head, which I thought would go nicely with some lyrics I wrote recently. I was adding imaginary drums, etc. and the song was taking shape nicely. After a while, I concluded that my new riff was just too similar to the intro of Six Pack.

I distinctly remember the first time I heard "Six Pack". I was with a good friend...that one guy who also shares my musical tastes to a large degree. We were in my car (1977 Firebird!) cruising down Route 18 in New Brunswick, NJ. We had a college station blaring (probably Rutgers) and those first bass notes started....then the screaming guitar...then those vocals...we looked at each other and laughed at loud...it was a keeper on the first listen.