Why does everyone like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Foolonthehill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because of the severe shortage of popular rock bands who aren't heavy, noisy and crap in the world today. We have to like something.

Also, suggesting that "all of their songs sound the same" seems a little off when you compare them with modern punk and emo bands, or most mainstream rap or pop artists.

I must say, if I compare their music to the rest of 'this generation's' music, they're a WHOLE lot better than 90 percent of the stuff that's floating around.

That said, I didn't know a lot about them until a certain female songfactor made me listen to more. Now I think they're great even though my knowledge is still quite limited. :)

I own "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" and "By The Way", so I can't judge their whole collection, but I like how they incorporate funk into rock. They have a distinctive sound, but so does every artist once you hear a lot from them. I like U2, and I would agree that a lot of their stuff sounds the same, but it's not, although you can tell it's them.

You are entitled to your opinion, but to ask why someone likes them is like asking why someone else likes My Chemical Romance or The Black Eyed Peas. Different strokes for different folks.

:laughing: Some people like the mohawks best. 80s? 80s were just really long hair. But now the downside is it's blowdried.

Ahem... seriously, though.. they've been around for two decades now. Longevity has to count for something. And if it doesn't, then neither does a statement saying all their songs sound the same. Each album has a unique sound, and there's no way in hell you can mix up Bloodsugarsexmagik with say, By The Way. Or Mother's Milk with Californication. There is SUCH a vivid divide between their 80s sound and the 90s sound that saying that their music sounds the same is just ignorant. Stupid, even.

Probably the same reason why people generalize without giving the subject more than 20 seconds of thought or doing any sort of research to back up their statement.

:bow:

Does anyone really have to have a reason to like a band? I love the Chili Peppers. I think they're incredibly talented, with the possible exception of Keidis' vocals, but he makes up for that with fairly good songwriting. I don't mind when people don't like the Chili Peppers, so I'd prefer that people don't mind that I do like the Chili Peppers.