Why does everyone like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Foolonthehill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizard - I see your point (even if I don't really like the Stones and Fleetwood Mac), but the point is that the best music from any generation will often be the most ignored. For instance, the best songwriter of the late 60's/early 70's only sold 5,000 albums in his lifetime. Also, as for your comment on the roller coaster of top 40, just look at these songs that have graced the top 40 in recent years: My Humps, Crazy, Sugar We're Going Down, Hey Ya, Welcome to the Black Parade, Feel Good Inc...it's just as much of a roller coaster today, if you ask me. What's my point? I don't have one anymore, haha.

Foolonthehill - Hey dude, I'm a big Pink Floyd fan too. You listen to Radiohead? Many people consider them the modern day Pink Floyd, be sure to check out "OK Computer" and "The Bends," and once you're ready, their grand masterpiece, "Kid A." If you're in need of some song reccomendations, just ask, but with Radiohead you really have to listen to a whole album to understand them fully (kind of like Pink Floyd!). I also think the Flaming Lips are a lot like Pink Floyd in that they make experimental music with accesible pop songwriting. You've probably heard their hit song, "Do You Realize?" Youtube it, it's marvelous

Pink Floyd and The Beatles. To a lesser extent a whole bunch of others including Rush, The Who, Dire Straits, The Doors, Midnight Oil, Buffalo Springfield (and CSN and CSN&Y), The Police, Simon and Garfunkel, Supertramp, and others which i cant think of right now. As you can see, mostly old music. In fact, entirely old music.