Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a good idea to always refer to the wife/girlfriend of the recipient in the body of the message somewhere. If they don't have a wife/girlfriend, then refer to the writer's husband/boyfriend.

this is excellent advice.

Unless you refer to the wife/girlfriend thusly: "Have you offed her yet?" ;)

For the guys: do you like it when a woman who's just a friend writes you a letter? I don't know if it would wierd a guy out or not.....

If she's in another country or lives very very very fay away, sure. From that impossible distance, she could be my pretend girlfriend for all I care. I love writing and receiving handwritten letters, which I haven't gotten in years. I haven't written in cursive in just as long, though, so I'd have to practice for hours until I got it right. There's also the ritual of choosing the stationary and pens... it's a big event :beatnik:

Edited by Guest

My best friend used to write me letters every day. He lived in France and I lived in Spain; he would write some lines almost each and every day of his life, since we were 15 till he died at 50. We really loved each other. One day I´ll show some of his letters to his son.

Some gremlin ate my earlier post. I was commenting that my daughter, who just graduated from grade 8, wants an iPod Touch for a grad gift. I've been stalling her, but today we went and bought it. She managed to convince her dad to lend her the extra for the 16 GB one, which is another 80 bucks. Does anyone think this is excessive? She's my oldest and I'm not sure what other people do. My husband thinks ALL kids get these sort of gifts. BTW, we already sprang for the dress, shoes and accessories...

my son "graduated" from 8th grade a few weeks ago, and what he got for his graduation was a big smile and hug from me, and 3 more weeks in an elective math course - that he elected to have.

I don't remember getting anything big for my 8th grade graduation. High school graduation and college are the two big ones.

In France you pass your baccalauréat -or "bac"- when you finish high school, at 17 or 18... and it´s a real institution. Everybody must have their bac. And it´s not easy... :P

(Well, I had it at the first try anyways... :grin: :grin: )

Seeker,

The divisions are: Kindergarten to grade 8, you "graduate" from grade 8 then go onto high school, which is grades 9-12. How does it work in the UK?

Usually you start primary school at 5 or 6, and go on to secondary school when you're about twelve... it's similar in Ireland too.