Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me preface this with saying I love MuzikTyme like a brother (you know, the wacky one?) and offer this observation within the boundary of that spirit of brotherhood.

For sometime I have wondered what it is about your posts that confound, confuse or just plain discombobulate me, Brother. Last night it came to me. I was watching a cable rerun of Clint Eastwood's award winning Million Dollar Baby - the female boxer movie. It co-starred and was narrated by the man in MuzikTyme's avatar and I thought, "Morgan Freeman narrates so many of his movies." And why not? That deep melliflous voice just begs to be believed and trusted. His monologues are always genuine (never goofy,) with a veracity that penetrates to the listeners mind, through the ears. Since his days as Easy Reader, while part of the Electric Company ensemble and continuing through a stellar movie career, we have trusted what he says to be the absolute truth. As spokesman for the AFI, just his voice alone lends unfaltering credibitilty to that institution. No wonder he is in demand for product endorsement.

Therein lies the confliction with my man, MT's posts. I see that avatar and cannot imgine some of those posts coming out of that mouth. No problems at all with your right to have any avatar you desire, MuzikTyme. But know you will continue to confound, confuse and discombobulate this SFer, while Morgan Freeman remains your narrator.

:tumbleweed:

Note to those who wish to follow this up with "But I like his avatar:" I did not say I do not like MT's avatar - in fact, I love Morgan Freeman's work - I was just speaking about the fit. It's like going out on the town with a good friend and feeling the confliction when you see they have on a plaid shirt with a striped pair of pants. Wear them - cool with me. But, know that someone somewhere will think as we pass by, "Hmmmmm." and they will be right to think that way. :shades: :thumbsup:

What S2V said makes complete and total sense to me. It's what I've been thinking for a long time and have been unable to articulate in a way that would be understandable. Marcus, you're wonderful people who sometimes confuses the heck outta me, too. :grin:

What S2V said makes complete and total sense to me. It's what I've been thinking for a long time and have been unable to articulate in a way that would be understandable. Marcus, you're wonderful people who sometimes confuses the heck outta me, too. :grin:

I agree as well and I also think he likes to amuse himself with his posts so it's all good :D

We're all here to just have a little fun right? I think Marcus is having a hella good time :laughing: but it just wouldn't be quite the same without the avie :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there´s two Let It Bes... :)I believe... :P The original one was produced by Phil Spector by 1969 or so... the remastered one , by George Martin (some years ago). There´s one version with birds and some girls singing... actually, I wonder which one I´m talking about. I had the single but I don´t remember if there was birds and girls...like in the Past Masters cd.