Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had sent bazooka info about that subject so guess I will just have to bare all to everyone :D Like I told him, when I was growing up we lived on a farm and out entertainment was a battery operated radio that we only got to listen to on Saturday nights. Dad's choice of programs which was the Grand Ole Operie and after that comedy shows like Fibber Magee and Molly or something like that.

The first records that I bought were 45's whenever they came out and I still have most of them. I was probably around 16 or 17 at that time. I think most of the music when I was growing up was big band. I am kind of fuzzy there.

I like the big bands to dance to.

Also, I am a closet Country Western lover. Love the old guys best but listen to the new ones on occasion. My Dad liked Lawance Welk, but when he came on, I went and read a book. I am an avid reader and I also write poetry and songs.

As for the comment, it is true but I love those bananas :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Marc, nice to meet you. I like the big bands. I think that I just love music other than some of the new stuff but there is so much out there that you can always find something. I love Kenny G. He sends shivers whenever I hear him. Do you still play in a band?

No, unfortunately, I dont have time to play in a band anymore. I still play may saxophones once in a while, but lately, it is more fun for me to plug into my bass amp (w/headphones) and play along with cds. I am still around a lot of big band and jazz music, though. We play big band or classical during most dinners at home (to get the TV off.) My father in law is still an active singer at 82, and has more stories about working with and hanging out with so many greats in the jazz world. As far as listening to saxophone players, Charlie Parker is still tops for me, followed closely by Cannonball Adderley. For tenor, I like Lester Young and Coltrane. Here is my father in laws myspace site. Maybe you have heard of him?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=159186561&MyToken=b7883685-9247-494b-bc83-26c6007580bc

cell phone question!

Who has a cell phone service they like? I'm switching OFF T-Mobile (they suck butt) and I need to know what service people recommend... Anybody got any service they'd highly recommend? :)

Hi all you beautiful people. :) I have had Sprint for literally years and have never had a prob. I keep upgrading phones and got Lea a phone and put her on my plan and we both pay it. Still no probs.