Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

All right... people here are boring. It grinds my gears. As punishment, you must succumb to my fetish. I do not care if you have posted your picture or not. Give me a description of your hair.

Don't be all coy, now. People cannot stalk you based on what your hair looks like in text. Cut, colour (carat, clarity?), style, length, texture etc. All those types of things. And your stand on Hair gel and/or Hairspray.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wear a hat, so you can't really see my hair. When it was longer it was visible, but I've since been shaving it down to 1/2 inch for maintenance reasons. (I'm getting to old and lazy to brush 3 feet of hair)

:drummer:

I'm a lustrous brunette. I just got about 4 or 5 inches whacked off last week, but it's still down to about the middle of my shoulder blades. I've got a lot of layers, but no bangs. I'm growing out a perm, so I blow dry it and use the curling iron to get a wavy but not frizzy look. I use a tiny amount of leave in conditioner, but not much else. I have a wide toothed comb I use when the hair is wet, but I brush when it's dry. I very much prefer to wear a wash and go ponytail. I'm also very fond of the baseball hat with the ponytail hanging out of the back look. I'm a casual girl, yo.

Radhi, you are also a Songfactor, so you are included in the question. Tell us about your hair, honey. :grin:

^ See, that's a good response! :bow: :bow: :bow: *applause*

My hair is an almost black dark-brown and very thick. It used to be well past my waist but I cut half of it off the week I turned 17 :P. Since then I only go for something like a biannual trim. I had it in steps but now I'm growing them out. I only blow dry if it's too cold to sun dry. These days it's hot enough for wet hair to dry in no more than an hour. I use a conditioner every alternate wash. I have a wide tooth comb, but hardly ever use my brush. I don't like it in a ponytail, so it's usually open, or clipped back or held back with a hairband. If I must tie it, I make two ponytails.

^ :shades: I say, that's ALSO a good answer

Allllrighty. My hair is almost waist-length, but baby fine so it's nowhere near as beautiful as it should be. It's a light brown, straight as a virgin nail, with one silly little cowlick on the right side that makes my bangs on that side go sideways. I don't even bother with a tie, usually - I just loop it up in a knot. I had a co-worker say to me once in complete disbelief, "Did you just tie your hair in a knot?" It was funny. It is so long, however, that I have to tie it up on top of my head at night because if I don't I roll over on top of it and my neck will snap.

It's a pain in the butt to comb - never brush... a brush gives you split ends (!) Let's see... hardly ever use product, maybe a little mousse, maybe a little hairspray if I'm feeling energetic and want to do something fun with it and need it to stay that way. You know, Flock of Seagulls or something. :grin:

I have waist length copper brown/blonde hair. It has sun bleached streaks in it. It shines different colors in the sun, it has been likened to fire, copper, sunlit corn fields that kinda thing. I'm gonna cut it really short, spike it and dye it half black half bright blue.

More and more of my hairs seem to have someplace else they would rather spend their time; which is kind of insulting because I have always tried to provide the best home possible for all my hairs. The ones who have stuck around are about an inch long and I call them my little brown buddies. When they used to be real long, they waved to the world and rippled in the wind. Now they huddle in groupings here and there and whisper about the old days. I guess my best hair feature is that although nearing 60 years, I have not one gray hair north of the base of my beard. In fact, I'd probably look younger if I shaved off my beard, but hey .. my head feels folically balanced this way.

I have dark brown hair that is cut short (see my picture in the Your Photograph thread). I usually just brush it or run my fingers through it in the morning and I let my daughter comb it at night after I comb her hair.

Since my hair is thick, I like to keep it short or in a chin-length bob for the summer. I can't really put it all up unless I do some in a barrette and the rest in a ponytail.

Radhi, when you say two ponytails, do you mean one on eash side of your head? We call those pigtails. I did my daughter's hair like that this morning.