Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of curiosity... a lot people say that Jesus died for us, and all that... now, without wanting to sound ignorant--why? I mean, if he hadn't died--what would have happened? Why did he die for us?

We would have been seperated from him and his love forever. We could never know what eternal life with him wi=ould be like, we'd all be sinners liveing in hate and hopelessness....it's a personnal thing to each Christian I think, but over all he died to save us from our selfs, and from our sin. If Jesus's hadden't died, we'd all be lost.

That's Ceasar , not Jesus . Ceasar is a whole different kettle of fish and rarely believes in forgiveness .

Musical Interlude :

I'se the B'y

- traditional

(chorus)

I'se the b'y that builds the boat

I'se the b'y that sails her

I'se the b'y that catches the fish

And brings them home to Lizer

Cods and rinds to cover your flake

Cake and tea for supper

Cod fish in the spring of the year

Fried in maggoty butter

(chorus)

Hip your partner Sally Tibbo

Hip your partner Sally Brown

Fogo, Twillingate, Mortan's Harbour

All around the circle

I don't want your maggoty fish

that's no good for winter

I can buy as good as that

down in Bonavista

I took Lizer to a dance

As fast as she would travel

And every step that she did take

Was up to her knees in gravel

(chorus repeat 2X)

Edited by Guest

It's quite simple really . If you accept and believe that Jesus absorbed all past and future human sins with his death and agree to believe in him and at the very least repent and/ or regret your future sins , you will get a ' Get out of Jail Free ' card and can advance to Heaven when you die .

Perhaps a bit too hot for the average Canadian , apparently , though . They can usually be spotted , so go the reports of various demons , clustered together and bitching about ' the weather ' - not much different than life on Earth , eh ? ;)

Edited by Guest

I still would rather go to hell... I hate cold weather... wait... why should it be cold in Heaven? :shades: No, then I prefer Heaven... :cool: I´m sure it´s great there...

Anyways, according to Blaise Pascal, I´m not supposed to go anywhere as I didn´t bet on anything... :P