What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

It was a great time last night. Even though it was only a five minute drive from home, I only indulged in one drink, which even my girlfriends called a "girl drink".

A story with a coffee sweetening end: I have a bunion on my right foot and noticed that my toes on that foot were looking bent and a little abnormal. I went to the podiatrist thinking I'd need surgery. Nope. I just need to go out and buy new shoes.....and not be afraid to spend a little more on them. What most girls want to hear, right?

Here's a coffee sweetening story that my girls here will understand: I went shopping yesterday. And everything I tried on fit. I got 2 new pairs of shoes, a pair of dressy shorts, 2 new pairs of pants, and a hot pink blouse. It was a good day indeed. :grin:

Here's a coffee sweetening story that my girls here will understand: I went shopping yesterday. And everything I tried on fit. I got 2 new pairs of shoes, a pair of dressy shorts, 2 new pairs of pants, and a hot pink blouse. It was a good day indeed. :grin:

wow... :P a day to remember... :cool: Enjoy!! :laughing:

I started the day thinking of trashing the 3GHz P4 tower and looking for a refurbished MacPro. Windows Vista Advisor had suggested that I needed an updated driver for the Belkin Wireless G USB Network adapter if I were to upgrade to Vista. (I had thought that Ye Olde 3GHz P4 wasn't up to the task.) I dropped by the Belkin site, downloaded what looked to be the same driver as the one on the installation CD and ran it. The only choice was to uninstall the current driver. I did so, then installed the "new" driver. Windows XP warned that the software being installed wasn't certified, but I got that message the last time and things went just fine. Long story short, the network adapter didn't work any more, and I was left with dialup for software upgrades. The next day I went to a not-that-nearby office supply store (Office Depot) and bought a Linksys wireless G USB adapter, expecting trouble. The install went well, and once I did a "refresh" when the software initially failed to find the AirPort unit, all was well. (If you're wondering, the Mac cable modem is 50 feet away in the living room, since I use a Mac PowerBook to dodge malware and bots.) Sometimes, things work out, and software upgrades can be the worst thing to do. =:P

I started the day thinking of trashing the 3GHz P4 tower and looking for a refurbished MacPro. Windows Vista Advisor had suggested that I needed an updated driver for the Belkin Wireless G USB Network adapter if I were to upgrade to Vista. (I had thought that Ye Olde 3GHz P4 wasn't up to the task.) I dropped by the Belkin site, downloaded what looked to be the same driver as the one on the installation CD and ran it. The only choice was to uninstall the current driver. I did so, then installed the "new" driver. Windows XP warned that the software being installed wasn't certified, but I got that message the last time and things went just fine. Long story short, the network adapter didn't work any more, and I was left with dialup for software upgrades. The next day I went to a not-that-nearby office supply store (Office Depot) and bought a Linksys wireless G USB adapter, expecting trouble. The install went well, and once I did a "refresh" when the software initially failed to find the AirPort unit, all was well. (If you're wondering, the Mac cable modem is 50 feet away in the living room, since I use a Mac PowerBook to dodge malware and bots.) Sometimes, things work out, and software upgrades can be the worst thing to do. =:P

That only took 3 lines for my eyes to glaze over!

My day has been sweetened by a song I finally found, after years of hearing it and always wondering what the heck it was. I have it on youtube now and have listened to it about 5 times so far.

"Tonight And The Rest Of My Life" by Nina Gordon. What a voice... what a gorgeous song. I'm nominating in next week's Ten. :)