What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

My hubby's 93 year old Aunt Catherine...gotta love her...she calls me up today and says

"Hello, who am I talking to?"

Me: This is Laurie

Aunt: Oh Laurie, how are ya honey?

Me: I'm good

Aunt: "Oh dear, I forgot why the hell I called you, I'll call back when I remember"

click... :P

she called back about an hour later and said

"I just noticed I don't have any sugar to make cookies with"...I told her I'd bring her some sugar..she says "Well, I don't have any money either" (she has plenty believe me)....I said "that's okay, you don't have to give me any money"....she says "I'll make an extra batch of cookies for ya though".... :)

and she did.

I was watching a show on Travel Channel last night (or maybe it was Food Channel, I was in a feverish haze) where this guy goes around the world eating weird food. Last night's show was in Venezuela, and he drank about 3 ounces of fresh donkey milk, which is rumoured to have 3X the uh... "impact"... of the little blue pill.

He did not walk away with any obvious sign that it worked. At least not that they allowed on camera.

My barber just gave me a cut and shave even though I stated upfront that I was broke - it didn't bother her in the least . She trusts me to pay her later .

I love that - I would , and have often given the same terms as well . In a world gone mad sometimes , there's nothing like having a little faith and trust - especially if it's given to you - by another person to make your day .

My life has been a bleeping mess lately. Working all day, computer issues, troubles at home, friend dies, close beloved friend in big trouble, etc. Yet something sweetens my days. I ignore what it is. It´s inside my brain, or my heart, or my hormones, or my genes... I wake up happy every morning and what sweetens my coffee is the fact that I know I always find some sunshine even in the darkest of the days.