What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I belong to several sites - this one, a Pink Floyd board, a Led Zeppelin board, a New York Yankees board...just to name a few. I have diverse interests and just one board isn't the right place to discuss all those things in-depth, as I do.

Can you please tell me the name of the Led Zep board. :)

It doesn't grind my gears so to speak, but it does greatly upset me.

We have had 4 drownings in the last 2 days in my immediate area :puppyeyes:

Anybody that lives here should know by now how dangerous the Columbia and Willamette rivers are. We lose at least 3 to 4 people a year here due to drowning. The majority being children.

In the last two day we have already surpassed the usual rate for drownings. This is scary and unnecessary if people would just take precautions. They warn people on the news about this daily.

My thermometer reads 120 in the sun and it is 102 in the shade. Oregon doesn't get this hot as a rule and the humidity is killer. They say we are having record breaking heat.

We have 2 air conditioners so we're pretty comfortable. We also have 4 dogs and 2 cats enjoying the cool. We just had to force one of our cats to come inside because she was laying in the driveway panting :o The silly thing still wants out.

Really ? N.American microwaves have a popcorn setting ? That's handy . Guess I haven't looked carefully at one since ~1991 though . We have to use the timer for popcorn here , but we do have presets to warm up a bowl of rice or defrost a block of sashimi . :D

Most do, yes. Since a lot of brands of popcorn have timing that varies, it's just easier to have one universal setting so that you don't have to worry about the popcorn burning or being underpopped. Our microwave also has settings for cooking vegetables, meat and heating up breads/pastries.

At least until now, anyway. Thankfully microwaves aren't that expensive and if we need a new one, it won't be a problem replacing it.

that actually doesn't happen that often to me

I was more talking about (what I think are) certain projects or bands, who think they are more famous/popular the more 'friends' they have

that used to be only a thing for myspace, but lately I've been getting such requests on youtube and last.fm too :P

...and strangely they don't like my shouts on their profile pages either ;)

I almost hit a squirrel on my way home from work :puppyeyes:

A bird committed suicide on the windshield of my car tonight when I was doing 65 mph down I-10 to go to the Cirque. Damn thing just swooped into my windshield, and I saw it and heard it hit, and it was sickening. Gads. Thankfully there's no physical evidence of the collision. I would have retched if there had been feathers and blood.