What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there's an element to my gripe here that belongs in the Sweet Coffee thread...

My son's high school has "Freshman Friday" tomorrow, which is where sophomores, juniors and seniors get late start (be there at 10) while freshmen have to be there at 8 for orientation and instruction on the various clubs and athletics the school has to offer.

Yesterday and today I received not 1, but 2 electronic calls on my cell phone, 1 on my home phone, plus an e-mail to "remind" me of the fact that my kid (who's a sophomore) get's to sleep in tomorrow. That alone is a little bit of overkill.

However, tonight my sister (who is my son's emergency contact if I'm unavailable) texted me and told me they'd also called her and left 2 electronic messages about this.

WTF? When my kid was counted absent last year (he really wasn't) and I hadn't called him in absent, I didn't get a single note. No one wondered where he might have disappeared along the way to school, and thought perhaps to alert me to his (imaginary) absence.

And yet I get 5 phone calls and an email about Freshman Friday?

Priorities, here, folks. :soapbox:

Had to replace the water heater today. Harrummmph!

I feel your pain... :P I had to replace two in less than five years...

When my kid was counted absent last year (he really wasn't) and I hadn't called him in absent, I didn't get a single note. No one wondered where he might have disappeared along the way to school, and thought perhaps to alert me to his (imaginary) absence.

We would never skip school cause they would call home to ask our parents where we were. Knowing that many kids and parents had been kidnapped, we would rather be bored in class than have our parents worried...

At the moment, my mam pestering me to get job! I don't think that she realises that there is a thing going on called "The Recession" where people are losing their proper, well-qualified jobs and maybe getting a job in McDonald's or HMV, so why does she think that I could get a job, when I have no qualifications or experience?! FFS

X3 Floyd, I agree with your mom, get a job. Doesn't matter what it is, get a job, and work hard at it. You'll have a bit of money in your pocket, and there are actually benefits other than the cash.

My kids all began working at 14, either working as a busboy (an ok job by the way, because you go home with money every night from the tips, and it's realatively easy to get) or washing dishes. Neither is a bad first job. Nothing wrong with hard work kiddo. ;)

weeeeeeeak.

When I lobbed the tip of my left index finger off with a razor blade a few years back, I had a 2 hour transcription still to do. Transcribing something takes anywhere between 2-5 times the length of the actual recording, so I was looking at 4 hours of typing at the least, and my client needed her transcript.

I learned really quickly to type with only 9 digits!!

Edited by Guest
had to share my story of Herculean bravery and stoicism in the midst of mind numbing pain. :)