What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like my hangovers - they have this very convenient early morning timing which allows me to listen to Slowdive for two perfect hours while my head sorts itself out and I can go back to sleep again. When The Sun Hits and Morningrise taste best in 5 a.m. silence. :headphones:

My daughter is somewhere between Oregon and Idaho traveling alone and her cell phone decided to quit working :susel: She hasn't even had it for a year. What bad timing.

Now I get to worry until she gets home :( She called me from a rest stop and said she will call her best friend to check in. I don't like her to stop at rest stops their dangerous. I told her sister to tell her to get a trac phone just in case her car decides to break down as well. It shouldn't, its a nice car and her dad checked it over before she leftt.

Her phone was an expensive phone, and it broke down so... :puppyeyes:

Edited by Guest

I'm sure she's fine, Lea... but I understand the worry. Always, whenever we travel between San Diego and Phoenix, we call when we're leaving, and we call when we get there, so the parties on either end won't have to worry.

It's a great system, and it's good to know you and your daughter have something similar, especially when one of you is traveling alone.

Let us know when she gets there! :)

Well my Chickie made it home fine at about 4:30 this morning. She only had one small problem with some guy and got so mad about it she drove off and forgot to get her gas :doh:

The only reason I worry about her traveling alone so far from home is because so many girls just seem to vanish these days and I don't want her to become another statistic :puppyeyes: It's not like it used to be when I was her age. The crazies have gotten bolder I think.

But she is safe and today is her 24th birthday and she is trying to decide how she wants to spend it. All her phone numbers were in her phone so her barbeque plans are out.

Maybe someday she will learn to back them up ;)

I know ya all do Laurie. Thats why I so love you guys :D

She just now told me to tell everybody hello. She is not having a so great day. I told her everybody said happy B-day and it made her happy, She knows your my people :D

The lovely Karma is playing Bingo, going to Kariokie, and running all over the county and then some with her friends. I'm lucky if I can catch her on the phone :crazy:

I think she's gotten her second wind :laughing:

I will tell her you guys have been asking about her tho. That is if I can run her to ground long enough to have a conversation with her :/

Stupid drivers. If you can't drive in a straight line, get off the ******** road. I am so sick and tired of being stuck behind these Luddites that can't drive without fiddling with the radio or talking on the phone or messing with someone in the backseat.