Beatle Covers

phil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it´s not a Beatles song, but I love "Please, Mr Postman" by the Carpenters. Sure, the Beatles version is the best... but the Carpenters have some very good arrangements.

I can´t think of any Beatles song cover better than the original one...

Phil, I love your avatar!!! :thumbsup:

Gov't Mule - She Said She Said...just heard it on the radio yesterday and it reminded me of how good it is.

I have an obscure album called All This and World War II, it is all Beatle covers:

SOUNDTRACK INFORMATION

Right: the soundtrack that was forever in the cut-out bins at record stores in the '70s

Here is an almost complete list of artists used for the soundtrack of this film (and on the released record soundtrack). The one song not on the soundtrack, but in the film, is "Give Peace a Chance" by Hot Chocolate. "Magical Mystery Tour" - Ambrosia

"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" - Elton John

"Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight" - The Bee Gees

"I Am The Walrus" - Leo Sayer

"She's Leaving Home" - Brian Ferry

"Lovely Rita" - Roy Wood

"When I'm Sixty-Four" - Keith Moon

"Get Back" - Rod Stewart

"Let It Be" - Leo Sayer

"Yesterday" - David Essex

"With A Little Help From My Friends/Nowhere Man" - Jeff Lynne

"Because" - Lynsey De Paul

"She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" - The Bee Gees

"Michelle" - Richard Cocciante

"We Can Work It Out" - The Four Seasons

"The Fool On The Hill" - Helen Reddy

"Maxwell's Silver Hammer" - Frankie Laine

"Hey Jude" - The Brothers Johnson

"Polythene Pam" - Roy Wood

"Sun King" - The Bee Gees

"Getting Better" - Status Quo

"The Long And Winding Road" - Leo Sayer

"Help!" - Henry Gross

"Strawberry Fields Forever" Peter Gabriel

"A Day In The Life" - Frankie Valli

"Come Together" - Tina Turner

"You Never Give Me Your Money" - Wil Malone & Lou Reizner

"The End" - The London Symphony Orchestra

THE MYSTERY SONG?

Right: The mystery song-in the film but not the soundtrack, "Give Peace a Chance" by the Hot Chocolate Band-originally an Apple release

This is a worthwhile collection. I don't know if it can still be found.

I see... I just googled by images and didn´t find it... I remember it was a double album, it had maybe a heart on the cover???

I used to sell promo records every now and then, I must have sold some 5.000 or maybe more... during the last thirty years. I guess I sold that one too, or maybe some friend took it, who knows...

In 1966, Charles River Boys came out with an album of blugrass covers to a dozen Beatles songs. At the time considered a novelty item, the quality of musicianship is surprisingly accomplished. The best on this album is "I've Just Seen A Face" which has a somewhat country flavor even done by the Beatles. If you enjoy the acoustic banjo, mandolin, guitar, bass and fiddle woven sounds of bluegrass and are a Beatles fan, you would like this album.

The Persuasions are great. Many years ago I saw them in a club in Greenwich Village. They wanted some audience members to sing with them on stage. To my sister's horror (she can't sing a lick), they grabbed her and they sang some silly doo-wop song. I can still see my sister's panicked expression.

I agree with Laurie and NY Mets; Joe Cocker's cover of "With A Little Help From My Friends" is the best - and I'm not really a Joe Cocker fan. It's a masterpiece of arranging, e.g the organ intro which leads into Jimmy Page's guitar solo. Great female backing vocals too.

:)