OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Do I get any points for thinking about participating but didn't because jr was so quick to give the answer?

I couldn't believe my luck. I knew the answer as soon as I read it, and there was nobody around.

It was like somebody groovin some cheese and I park it in th 4.00 seats.

(I can't help it. Pitchers and catchers report in about 3 weeks. I'm jonesin' bad.)

watch out. Jr's got the car dialed in.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION: What do these three US Top 5 songs have in common?

UNCHAINED MELODY Righteous Brothers ( + the other 4 versions that charted in the U.S. in 1955, before the RB covered it in 1965/1990).

YOUNG TURKS Rod Stewart

SUPERSTAR Carpenters

HINT #1 . It's in the Lyrics.

HINT #2. It's NOT in the lyrics.

BOTH statements apply! IS a puzzlement !!

:doh:

They are all three from the sixties?

They are love songs...

let´see... Leon Russel and Bonnie Bramlett wrote "Superstar", and was produced by Richard Carpenter; "Unchained Melody" was produced by Phil Spector and was the song of "Ghost". Young Turks was written by a bunch of people (carmine Appice among them) and talks of love... one is a woman imagining the rock star loves her, the other is pure love and the third is about a young couple who defeat her parents, have a baby, etc.

Any real hint, Old55? I´m lost...

:help:

The title of the song is not in the song?

:coolio: THAT'S IT! WELL DONE MARC :D Good pick up on my cryptic clues.

"Young Turks" is probably the red herring there, because Rod Stewart sings "young hearts be free tonight..." but he never mentions young TURKS - as you've very thoughtfully picked up.

Now I'll have to think of another question. I'll put it and the updated points on later.

:coolio:

Great pickup Marc. 5 points to you for the Win, 2 to Diggs for the Honorable Mention because he was on the right track with "something missing" from the songs, and 1 to all others who participated. Thank you ALL. :)

CURRENT POINTS:

addictedtoclassic 28

edna 24

Elvish 22

jrownsdega 16

SoulGirl 16

UncleJoe 12

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 6

Windy1 6

Tenacious Peaches 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

miamisammy 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

NEW QUESTION:

Popular 60s group "The 5th Dimension" and 80s group "Will To Power" both later had Hits with duos from each group. There was something else that they had in common. What was it?

::

:coolio: WELL DONE PEACHES ! SPOT ON. :) As you said, they both had #1 Hits with Medlies. That question didn't last long did it! So the only change to the points is 5 to you, and the Table now is:

addictedtoclassic 28

edna 24

Elvish 22

jrownsdega 16

SoulGirl 16

UncleJoe 12

Tenacious Peaches 11

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 6

Windy1 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

miamisammy 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

O.K. We know that tensions run high in most (all ?) Bands, often between the "dominant" members, e.g. John and Paul in the Beatles, Mick and Keith in the Stones, etc. etc. NEW QUESTION. Who wrote this about which fellow band member ? . "He brought musical vitality and a powerful, likeable personality into our ranks. He has always been a positive force in soothing tensions in the band". I hope it's not on Google - don't have time to check. Goodnight and Good Luck all !

:sleepy: