OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Harrison on Ringo Starr

I think Edna is probably right on this one, but I'm going to guess Paul McCartney about Ringo Starr. ::

And I want everyone to know that I knew the one about the title not being in the lyrics! Hit reply as soon as Old 55 posted it and the server stopped responding - it kept giving me the connection refused crap. Dammit!! ::

But congrats, Marc - good job! :)

Bill Wyman on Ron Wood. :rockon:

:coolio: YOU WIN AGAIN PEACHES ! WELL DONE. :) HOW the heck did you get that so quickly?

5 more big points to you, 2 to sammy and 1 to Addict, Edna, and Elvish. I believe you Elvish and I'm sure everyone else does too. I can't even get into this site sometimes.

OK that makes the points now:

addictedtoclassic 29

edna 25

Elvish 23

Tenacious Peaches 16

jrownsdega 16

SoulGirl 16

UncleJoe 12

miamisammy 7

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 6

Windy1 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

addictedtoclassic 29

edna 25

Elvish 23

Tenacious Peaches 16

jrownsdega 16

SoulGirl 16

UncleJoe 12

miamisammy 7

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 6

Windy1 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

I'm very happy about where I am in the standings. Thanks 55.

And face it Elvy, you're slow on the draw. What with having to lean forward and all.

:: Take that.

:laughing: Best laugh I've had today. Thanks jr. But I don't get the Elvy leaning forward ??

OK, lot's of Led Zeppelin fans in here, so this one shouldn't be too tough.

NEW QUESTION: Led Zeppelin had to briefly rename themselves so they could play a concert in a certain European city.(a) WHAT name did they use and(b)WHICH city was it ? :)

Pretty sure it was the Nobs. Not sure where or when. Let a more ambitious poster hunt for it. :laughing:

And Elvy's coming coming round the bend in the "I'm gonna be a Mom" sweepstakes. She can't sit up very fast these days, so she's blaming the server, even going so far as to place a curse on me (which worked by the way.

In 1970, Robert Plant and his Led Zeppelin bandmates were scheduled to perform in Copenhagen, Denmark when airship heiress Eva von Zeppelin (a descendant of Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin) called the band a bunch of "screaming monkeys" and threatened to sue if they used her name. Their solution? They played under an assumed name: The Nobs.

'would this be it then?' asks the more ambitious poster. wasn't getting anywhere without jr's clue though so if it's right, he gets points too!

Jr is just TOO nice to you ladies, isn't he? WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU! :: :: :: 5 points to SoulGirl and 2 to jr. Let's see who you're between now jr. Ah, still the same two ladies except SoulGirl is now on top (Figuratively speaking). Congratulations Mum to be Elvish also ! ::

addictedtoclassic 29

edna 25

Elvish 23

SoulGirl 21

jrownsdega 18

Tenacious Peaches 16

UncleJoe 12

miamisammy 7

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 6

Windy1 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

And Elvy's coming coming round the bend in the "I'm gonna be a Mom" sweepstakes. She can't sit up very fast these days, so she's blaming the server, even going so far as to place a curse on me (which worked by the way.

:laughing:

Jr. have you been looking in my windows again? I've got the laptop on the office chair and rolled up to the edge of the bed(not on my lap for fear of radiating the baby! :o) so I suppose I do tend to lean forward a little. Touche'!

As for the curse thing - it doesn't take a lot for the server to decide not to cooperate with any of us these days, unfortunately!

Congrats to Jr and Gisela - looks like the Google Queen may have a little competition! :)

And thanks Old 55 - frankly I can't believe I didn't manage to slip that fact in with one of my answers! ::

NEW QUESTION:

Berry Gordy, founder of Motown Records, wrote his memoirs in 1994. Here's a quote from them. "He/she had done nothing for the past year and all of a sudden he/she wants to do a protest album. I said, don't be ridiculous. That's taking things too far". WHO is the artist he's talking about/to ???? :)

NEW QUESTION:

Which U.S. singer had a concert in Paris cancelled when the promoter found out just how young he/she was?????????

:stars:

CURRENT POINTS

addictedtoclassic 29

edna 25

Elvish 23

SoulGirl 21

jrownsdega 18

Tenacious Peaches 16

UncleJoe 12

miamisammy 8

DiggsUK 7

bluesboy 7