OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A SHAME that the Competition has been spoilt by the site going so slow. It's just taken me 10 minutes to get into this thread. :(

.Question B: - "Girls Talk" by Dave Edmunds

:coolio: :coolio: WELL DONE SAMMY ! THAT'S THE ONE. :) :)

Dave Edmunds is probably best known for his cover of the old Smiley Lewis song "I Hear You Knocking". 5 POINTS to you and 1 to Addict for participating.

:guitar:

QUESTION A (CURRENT): What do these songs written and performed by the Bee Gees have in common: "Massachusetts" and "I Started A Joke"???

No joy there. CLUE: Listen to the Songs, not the Lyrics.

:D

Well the site seems better now. Our European friends have missed out though, as it was down in their waking hours.

Thank you very much to whoever rated this thread a 5.

POINTS NOW ( INCLUDES *1 PARTICIPATION POINT FOR THE CURRENT QUESTION):

addictedtoclassic 33 *

Elvish 29

jrownsdega 29

edna 27 *

SoulGirl 21

UncleJoe 18

Tenacious Peaches 16

miamisammy 16 *

DiggsUK 8

HDThoreau 8

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 7

Windy1 6

Rico 5

Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 3

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

I don't think it would be fair for me to give any further clues in the Bee Gees question at this time. As I've said, Listen to the songs, but it's not in the lyrics. :)

Maurice Gibb sang lead on both songs??I was thinking it was Robin Gibb.

:coolio: :coolio:YES ! WELL DONE UNCLE. :)POOR WINDY HAD THE WRONG TWIN ! :( So, it's 5 points to you, 2 to Windy for a Most Honorable Mention and 1 to Elvish for participating. STILL LOTS OF CHANCES ! THE POINTS ARE:

addictedtoclassic 33

Elvish 30

jrownsdega 29

edna 27

UncleJoe 23

SoulGirl 21

Tenacious Peaches 16

miamisammy 16

Windy1 8

DiggsUK 8

HDThoreau 8

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

MarcM 7

Rico 5

Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 3

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

Was the year 1981 and were the acts Air Supply, Rick Springfield and Olivia Newton-John?

:coolio: :coolio: THEY SURE WERE KATIE. WELL DONE !!!:)

5 points to you, 2 points for an Honorable Mention to UncleJoe, and 1 point to jr.

I DECLARE THE JANUARY 2005 COMPETITION CLOSED AND ADDICTEDTOCLASSIC THE WINNER OF THE INAUGRAL "OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ"

Congratulations Addict.

I'll contact you regarding which Rock Stamps you'd like to choose.

Also, thank you so much to all who took part ! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

THE FINAL POINTS WERE

addictedtoclassic 33

Elvish, jrownsdega 30

edna 27

UncleJoe 25

SoulGirl 21

Tenacious Peaches, miamisammy 16

Windy1, DiggsUK, HDThoreau 8

bluesboy, TenYearsGone, MarcM 7

Katie Sane, Rico, Newbie Jr 5

Kevin28776 3

RogerWaters90125 2

Foxy1983, Bazooka 1

Yeeeepeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! I´m the fourth!!!!! That´s more than a honourable place for me!!!!!!! :laughing:

Thank you, Old55, for your wonderfull SuperQuizz!!!!!

Congrats to Addict, Jr, Elvish, Uncle, gis and all who participated!!!!!!

I love this site, I love this people, I don´t love this server!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :happybanana:

Thank you very much Dear Edna. I think our friends in Europe may be a little disadvantaged by the time differences, so you, SoulGirl and Diggs did VERY well. :)

My Wife and I are taking a three week holiday/ vacation in the middle of this month, so I'll have to cram in as many questions as I can. Here's 2 new ones: Please mark your answers A and B, and don't forget that you get a point for EVERY question you participate in.

QUESTION A A spooky one. Which group had one of their most successful singles debut on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 the day their lead singer died? And what was the single?

QUESTION B What could these 3 musicians have in common? Dion DiMucchi (of Dion and the Belmonts and later solo), Bob Dylan, and Stuart Sutcliffe? CLUE: Think Beatles.

Good luck and goodnight all. :sleepy:

Question A: I know Johnny Moore, singer of the Drifters, died very soon... "Under the boardwalk", though, was recorded the day before first former singer died... I´ll keep on searching...

Question B: I know Dion Dimucci knew Bob Dylan and I read he did something on "Maggie´s farm"... but that has nothing to do with Stucliffe... mmm...