The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #162

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #162 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really liked OMD much, although the LP featuring "Enola Gay" was one of the first albums I ever possessed- an unexpected Christmas present: don't you wish people would ask you what you would actually like? The album had its moments, but never really grabbed me. I don't think electro-pop was ever destined to be "my thing". Anyway, I digress. OMD went on to do lots of stuff that I really didn't care for much, but, whatever: I was thinking the other day what a classic, classy single "Enola Gay" is. The signature keyboard riffs, the melody, a certain cheesy gravitas; I might not like their other stuff much, but this was one of those rare "great pop-tunes", that just stands out from the dross.

Heart it Races ~ Architecture in Helsinki (2007) Video

the band who, as the name implies, hails from Melbourne, Aus :D

I already mentioned that the video is a bit weird (at first), didn't I ;)

Low ~ R.E.M. (1991) mp3

one of their most underrated songs, and over time one of my absolute favourites of theirs (not just from "Out of Time")

Dusk is Dawn is Day

where did it go?

I've been laughing

fast and slow

moving in a still frame

Howling at the Moon

Morning found me laughing

up and down, down

Low, Low, Low

Night suits me fine

and Morning suits me fine

I've been so happy, happy

way up high, high

in between

down below

Low, Low, Low

Low, Low, Low

I skipped the part about... Love

it seems so silly

and low...

is it pigheaded of me to nominate Low two times in a row? :P

"Beast Of Burden" - The Stones (1978)

Satellite of Love - Lou Reed

Two more songs for my Top...

...I might not like their other stuff much, but this was one of those rare "great pop-tunes", that just stands out from the dross.

Ben voilà, that´s what I meant too about "Enola Gay" by OMD... :cool: