What Are You Smoking Or Taking?

TheLizard

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about the addictiveness. Even if there's no physical addiction, it's really easy to get into the habit of smoking weed all the time, and there's a big psychological addiction. It was probably sometime in the middle of August that I decided I didn't want to smoke weed anymore but I still smoked it a few times a week until the end of November.

But I guess doing anything a lot can lead to a psychological addiction. Plus it's difficult to quit any substance in college since they're all so abundant.

That's actually something I'm worried about for university. I don't really like drinking, but I'm worried I won't be able to avoid it there.

While you're in the University, it should be pretty easy to avoid drinking alcohol while you're in class. It's at parties, you need to worry about. Select your group of friends carefully and what you plan on doing on weekend nights.

While you're in the University, it should be pretty easy to avoid drinking alcohol while you're in class. It's at parties, you need to worry about. Select your group of friends carefully and what you plan on doing on weekend nights.

hah no I didn't expect to be drinking during the day. I'm just hoping that I can find alternative social circles, as you've suggested.

I don't think there's a problem with drinking in college if you are able to keep it in moderation and balance it with schoolwork well. And whether I'm drinking or not, I'm not going to spend my Saturday night studying. Unless I'm really busy, I pretty much just take Fridays and Saturdays off and do my schoolwork on Sundays. And I'd say it's working out pretty well so far. I've got something like a 3.2 gpa and I've got more credits than the reccomended amount to graduate on time.

It's my opinion that drinking on the weekdays is what causes the most trouble for students. Not that I'm above that or anything though...I've been known to celebrate the occasional Thirsty Thursday.

• 3 weeks later...