So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

There is perhaps nothing more funny on this earth than watching a 20-something-year-old backhoe operator scramble at warp speed out of a 6 1/2 foot deep hole (without help of a ladder) after jumping into it to dig with a shovel, accidentally breaking the sewer pipe, and being sprayed with raw sewage.

How did Joe Francis get Girls Gone Wild started?

I can't imagine the guy who carried his camera around filming drunken naked girls was one of the popular guys.

Don't see ads for that video series here, but I recall whenever I saw a commercial on TV for them when I lived in the states, my first thought was always, "Each one of those girls is someone's daughter/grandaughter."

Made me feel kind of sad.

Don't see ads for that video series here, but I recall whenever I saw a commercial on TV for them when I lived in the states, my first thought was always, "Each one of those girls is someone's daughter/grandaughter."

Made me feel kind of sad.

It's basically a given that the fathers of the girls in those videos either weren't around or were terrible. It's a Barney Stinson field day.

Speaking of Barney Stinson, today's HIMYM was one of the funniest in recent memory.

In my quest to read my giant list of "classics," I am now ensconced in "Lady Chatterley's Lover," which I've heard so much about but never had a clue.

Goodness. It was considered racy for its time... I'd say it's still pretty racy. :googly:

That was on the reading list for my English class last year... I guess it's pretty racy, yeah, but I don't think the descriptions could be any unsexier :doh: :P (hm, kinda sounds like a contradiction in terms.)

Alright, so I had to go for an eye test and they prescribed me spectacles as it turns out I am slightly short-sighted (didn't want to admit it, but the glasses really help with things in the far distance like text).

I possibly bought the most expensive pair of frames on the shelf, but now that they are on my face - I am pretty happy :)

Has anyone else noticed their eyesight getting only mildly worse as they "get on" in years? Or will I soon be holding the menu at arm's length to try and make out the soup of the day? :P