So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

I was just assaulted by a random thought: it would suck to be the muse for a song that made millions, and not reap any benefit from that. I was just thinking about how the "Lucy" in the sky with diamonds died in relative obscurity and means...

You're right, it's funny cause I often though about that -not in this case but other songs of spanish musicians who made money with it- They are happy and proud just to be "famous"...

I don't want to be famous, I'm like Sammy, I want the money... :cool:

I was just assaulted by a random thought: it would suck to be the muse for a song that made millions, and not reap any benefit from that. I was just thinking about how the "Lucy" in the sky with diamonds died in relative obscurity and means...

in my opinion, it would be more bizarre if songwriters or artists would have to pay the people who inspired their songs... :P

how much money would George W. Bush earn?

I want to suggest a fame for F&G, but I don't know how to carry it out. I don't have the technically savvyness to do it. Anyone else?

remember the game show "Name That Tune," and they played a single note from the beginning of a song, and the contestant would say, "I can name that tune in one note!" or 3 notes or whatever, so that's all they got to hear. And they've have to name the tune, or the play goes to the next person, with the frist note in addition to another note of the tune played for them, and so on until someone gets it.

Meanwhile, with every incorect guess, they give a verbal clue or two about the song or the band, so you're not flying totally blind.

Is it feasible? Anybody out there know how we could make that happen?

I want to suggest a fame for F&G, but I don't know how to carry it out. I don't have the technically savvyness to do it. Anyone else?

remember the game show "Name That Tune," and they played a single note from the beginning of a song, and the contestant would say, "I can name that tune in one note!" or 3 notes or whatever, so that's all they got to hear. And they've have to name the tune, or the play goes to the next person, with the frist note in addition to another note of the tune played for them, and so on until someone gets it.

Meanwhile, with every incorect guess, they give a verbal clue or two about the song or the band, so you're not flying totally blind.

Is it feasible? Anybody out there know how we could make that happen?

This is certainly doable, although it does require some work - editing of mp3s isn't too hard (I'm using Audacity for that, eg),

uploading can be done to rapidshare, while it would be better to find a site that allows direct streaming - does anyone know a site like that?

all in all I would suggest to not do it like most of the usual games, ie one song - the one who guesses it right posts the next one

But rather like the "Topical Ten", meaning one person prepares maybe Ten song beginnings and everyone else tries to guess them all.

I think I would like such a game though :)