So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Okay, so my workplace has decided that their staff should be healthy....We are suppose to take the eat well live well challenge. We've all been given a pedometer and a chart to record our progess...according to the chart, everyone should average 10,000 steps a day....So far my average has been about 4,000 steps a day... :crazy: ... I guess I better get walkin'!!!....also it said we should have 5 cups total of fruits, veggies, nuts and whole grains...I've been doing pretty good with this part of the challenge...but I need to do more walking....

yeah, I dunno about that losing weight at 10,000 steps stuff. I wore a pedometer for a week every day and averaged between 15,000 and 17,000 steps a day. Didn't lose an ounce.

Maybe it was all the extra ice cream I was making up for it with.

I guess that a housewife´s job -cleaning the house, doing laundry, shopping, running here and there- sould be anough not to gain weight... plus if you work outside, you take buses or subways and you don´t stop... :P

Dancing is a good way to stay healthy too... :cool: that and swimming are my fave exercises.

so I'm at Kohl's today (taking advantage of the 30% off coupon I got in the mail) and I bought a vacuum cleaner... and some lacy underthings. :blush:

anyhow, the man who rung me up had to be in his 70s. He looks at the underthings, looks at the vacuum cleaner, then looks at me and says, "These things could all be used together, couldn't they?"

:shocked: and ewwwwwwwwwww

People often don't give young people credit where it's due, so I'd like to say "hat's off" to those who stand near motorway junctions holding signs up to remind us where the road leads. It must be quite boring and I don't suppose they're very well-paid, yet they stick at it in all weathers; a thankless task, in anyone's book. Nowadays, I always flash my headlights to say "Thanks, guys!"

:laughing: :laughing: No , but God bless you anyway ! :D I now enjoy looking down on other folk and thinking 'you'd just die there ' , though . Lol!

We've got Cherry Blossoms to deal with now and +15 , or so for a high - and don't say I've 'gone all Vancouver' on you now ...it IS April , after all . ;):D

Edited by Guest