The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #56

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cool: Well I put Bob Bloody Dylan on top of my list... But I do love Outkast. Glad you like the song. You might like this Outkast song too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBddq7rBUAI

:bow: :thumbsup: :bow:

TimLizzy, I love it! Darryl's right, it's straight up blues. I'm impressed that they are actually playing instruments too. Nominate that one, and I'll vote for it!

Woo!! #2! My highest yet! And that song deserves it, I must say. :grin:

And yeah, Badge gots some good stuff going for it. Should've been higher... }:( Oh, and Bob Dylan is rather annoying in some of his vocals. But still, there's something that kinda draws me about the way he delivers it. The first time I heard Like A Rolling Stone was off of a live performance on YouTube like back in '75 or something (I can't quite remember), and I have to say it was ten times worse on the vocals than the album version. He was literally shouting the lyrics.

But I still liked it because I'm stupid. :grin:

O.K. I'll 'fess up. "Like A Rolling Stone" is the only Bob Dylan single I've ever bought. I really don't think anyone could have done it better than him.

I think I originally got put off Bob's vocals by "Blowin' In The Wind". For those of you who know folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary, I think their version is the best of many covers. Also, their version of "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" is superb.

:)

Bob Dylan is more than a voice and a song, it´s "the way he sings the lines he sings..." Many have tried to imitate him, many still do, and he created a whole new style.

I like some versions of Dylan songs but I still think the irony in his voice is his very personal trademark.

O.K. I'll 'fess up. "Like A Rolling Stone" is the only Bob Dylan single I've ever bought. I really don't think anyone could have done it better than him.

I think I originally got put off Bob's vocals by "Blowin' In The Wind". For those of you who know folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary, I think their version is the best of many covers. Also, their version of "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" is superb.

:)

Yup, I listened to two covers of Like A Rolling Stone, one by Jimi Hendrix and one by the Turtles (gag). Personally I think that song is too much in Dylan's range, if you know what I mean. The way it needs to be sung/voiced is suited for his voice perfectly.

And I agree with you on Peter, Paul, and Mary's cover of Don't Think Twice, It's All Right. Great harmony at work in that version, but my absolute favorite is the 1965 Don't Look Back outtake. I agree with Bluesboy. :P

It does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of bazooka ( and/or the bazookettes) but

Rolling Stone article]As for rap, the bane many his peers' musical existence, Neil Young practically jumps out of his chair with enthusiasm. "I love rap!" he declares with a sparkle in those familiar, piercing eyes, professing a particular fondness for Ice-T. "It's speaking to the people on the streets. It's a whole new way of communicating that's so open to saying exactly what the hell's on people's minds in a clever way, a way that you can listen to and move your body to. Similar to, like, Subterranean Homesick Blues. Dylan is early rap. What the hell's the difference?" To those who resist rap's charms, he adds, "This is the sh%t that's going to keep music alive--don't close it off because you don't understand it."

And who knows? Maybe old Neil has changed his mind over the last fourteen years.