The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #56

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PUHLEEZ - As a singer, he's a great songwriter. :smirk:

Most of you know that I think he's the greatest songwriter of the rock era, but he can't sing worth a damn ! He sounds like he's holding his nose. Ditto with Jimi; wonderful guitarist, but....

just one sentence: Nobody sings Dylan like Dylan ;)

I think there must have been mass hibernation in the 80s.

that's why we had two 80s #1 the last two weeks, right? :grin:

just one sentence: Nobody sings Dylan like Dylan ;)

THAT's what I've been saying ! You're using the word "sing" very loosely though. I think you mean "talk nasally".

that's why we had two 80s #1 the last two weeks, right? :grin:

Point Taken. But that's probably due to my 'Save The 80s Campaign'. :)

THAT's what I've been saying ! You're using the word "sing" very loosely though. I think you mean "talk nasally".

that's not my sentence, that's what they wrote on some of his records in the 60s :grin:

Point Taken. But that's probably due to my 'Save The 80s Campaign'. :)

sadly my 90s campaign isn't as succesful :crazy:

I like this Top ten!! :thumbsup:

"Tangled up in blue" is one of the best songs on "Blood on the tracks". I love "Idiot wind" too... the last of the good Dylan´s albums...

Yay for The Lovin´Spoonfull and the Bee Gees!! :bow:

...and a great Beatle nomination :thumbsup:

Shall I nominate "Blackberry Way" over and over, till it makes the top or till I get banned? :grin:

I love Dylan's singing too. The only song of his that I hate is "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window" (I haven't heard them all, though.)

A good ten this time. One objection: it's a looooong time since we had a 60s number one. Turtles' Happy Together was the last one. Have we used them all up??

Summer In The City would have got there except for Bob Bloody Dylan !

There's only 2 songs where I like his vocals - I refuse to call it 'singing' - Hurricane and Like A Rolling Stone. If you want to hear some really good Dylan covers, check out the early Manfred Mann (when Paul Jones was lead singer). He does a magnificent version of 'With God On Our Side'. They seem to be the 'overlooked' Band of the British Invasion.

I couldn't find it on YouTube, but there is a great Joan Baez version.

;)

I have to say I was shocked (in a good way), that not only SO many people voted for it,

but also WHO voted for it!

:shocked: :thumbsup:

Excuse me, but, I think I resemble that remark! :grin:

I've known this song since it was a new release, and always loved it! I'll vote for 90's and 00 songs... if they are good! Nominate some, and I'll be happy to shock you some more!! :thumbsup: :grin:

I think Farin might've included me in there too. :)

I know lots of 90s songs, and that's always been one of my favorites.

It was nominated once before, and I'm not sure if I put it at #10 or had to leave it off my list then. This time I was sitting here playing it and singing along to it, so on it went. I would have liked to place it even higher, but there were too many good 60s songs.

Good nomination bazooka. :)

Holla for Outkast! Is OldFitty going to faint because we have a *gasp* hip hop song in the Top Ten? :grin:

Well, I actually like that song. :) That's what I'd call Funk ! I thought hip-hop was the same as rap, where some homie talks over the top of a great 'sampled' song or songs. Hey Ya! is fun Music. Good nomination Peachy !

Thanks Lizard ! Well put me down as a rap disliker (or hater in Eminem's case, because of his hate/shock diatribes) but a liker of some hip-hop.

:grin:

Also, AC/DC used bagpipes on a few of their songs. :)

So what should I nominate next time ? I'm choosing between a hip-hop/rap, one with bagpipes, and a Dylan cover, although I actually thought of two more where I like his vocals, but they've already been in the Ten.

:P