What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Sometimes life just surprises you and it did just now. The phone rang here at the station and I answered and it was a listener and she called to thank me. She said she can be having a bad day or tough times with the holidays coming up and she will tune in and hear a familiar friendly voice and it makes her smile. She said she enjoys hearing stories about my little girl, my thoughts on music and movies. Then she started to cry and said that God has angels everywhere who brighten peoples lives and that I was one of them and people who listen to my show are blessed. And then I was tearing up and thanking her many times. This has sweentened my coffee for weeks to come.

Christmas dinner! :grin: Turkey and stuffed bacon and carrots and potatoes and christmas pudding and chocolate cake and fruits in champagne glasses and christmas-y tablecloths and napkins and a jazz band and christmas crackers with paper hats and staff dressed as santas and reindeers :grin:

poor staff :( :P

My daughter asked if she can have some stuff by The Ramones for Christmas: she absolutely loves "Blitzkrieg Bop". I've pointed out that I already have a 2-disc Ramones anthology, so rather than buying her the same thing, I'll make her up a CD compilation of stuff from that. She's thrilled. She's only eight!

Also, my son (10) scored twice in his team's nail-biting 4-3 win over a rival school. (This is football, I'm talking about, or soccer as some would have it). So he's on a high already. Then later he's taking part in a theatre production: the culmination of a drama workshop for kids with Asperger's Syndrome, which he's been involved in these last couple of months. Hope it goes well.

My daughter asked if she can have some stuff by The Ramones for Christmas: she absolutely loves "Blitzkrieg Bop". I've pointed out that I already have a 2-disc Ramones anthology, so rather than buying her the same thing, I'll make her up a CD compilation of stuff from that. She's thrilled. She's only eight!

:rockon: :rockon:

Also, my son (10) scored twice in his team's nail-biting 4-3 win over a rival school.

:bow: :rockon: :bow: (to our American friends: just imagine it's two touchdowns in one of your "Football" games :grin: )