What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

An assisted living home near my work place that has been around forever is being torn down. I went looking around through the huge facility and came accross a storage area in which I found a lot of old newspapers. About 8 of them were from The Chicago Tribune, dated 1864 and one 1865. One of the 1864 ones had an announcement from an "A Lincoln" anouncing the moving of his law practice to it's original location. I also found some cool old costume jewlery and an atlas from 1916. My timing was good, because they are tearing the place down on Friday.

It is a real 48 star flag. One of them little ones (7" X 11") I am happy because I have been looking for one of these (all be it, not too hard) for some time. This one, which is in great shape, fell right into my lap.

Moose? I will take that as a term of endearment!

In a deep skillet, brown 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin that has been cut into strips. Drain juice and sprinkle in some Wondra flour (the stuff you use to thicken gravy)on the meat. Mix it around in the skillet until there is no moisture in the skillet. Now add 1 chopped up brown onion, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of beef consume and a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce. Mix it up good, then let it simmer uncovered for 1 hour.

After the hour is up, turn off the stove and put a little of the sauce in a bowl. Add 8oz of sour cream to the bowl, stirring in a little more sauce. Do this until the sour cream has warmed. After is is warmed up, add the sour cream to the rest of the sauce and mix it in. If you do not gradually warm the sour cream, it will curdle.

You are now done with the sauce.

I like to use 1 pound of wide egg noodles to get the right sauce to pasta ratio.

Enjoy! (this stuff goes good with broccoli...)