What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd vote for him if he came out and claimed to be a Zoroastrian ! :laughing: Man! he's a good speaker which I haven't seen since Kennedy - and he was dead before I was born .*

* Barack Obama does not endorse- nor even want Kevin's suggestions nor opinions - and would likely reject them out of common sense in most circumstances - but in this case will live with them , if need be .

The only thing I ever consider when voting for a candidate is their politics and what good/harm they will bring to my country.

Race,gender,religion etc. just doesn't play into it for me. If I think the candidate is the best one for this country he/she will have my vote.

The biggest thing that will turn me against any candidate is mud slinging. IMHO it shows a complete lack of class.

And who wants a lack class man/woman representing this country?

"To the efficacy and permanency of your Union, a government for the whole is indispensable. No alliance, however strict, between the parts can be an adequate substitute; they must inevitably experience the infractions and interruptions which all alliances in all times have experienced. Sensible of this momentous truth, you have improved upon your first essay, by the adoption of a constitution of government better calculated than your former for an intimate union, and for the efficacious management of your common concerns. This government, the offspring of our own choice, uninfluenced and unawed, adopted upon full investigation and mature deliberation, completely free in its principles, in the distribution of its powers, uniting security with energy, and containing within itself a provision for its own amendment, has a just claim to your confidence and your support. Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the Constitution which at any time exists, till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government."

-George Washington, Farewell Address

The person who does the best to show they can live up to that is the person who will get my vote. Right now, it's Obama by far.

Another statement from his farewell address we should have listened to:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty."

Summary: Political parties will destroy the country.

"To the efficacy and permanency of your Union, a government for the whole is indispensable. No alliance, however strict, between the parts can be an adequate substitute; they must inevitably experience the infractions and interruptions which all alliances in all times have experienced. Sensible of this momentous truth, you have improved upon your first essay, by the adoption of a constitution of government better calculated than your former for an intimate union, and for the efficacious management of your common concerns. This government, the offspring of our own choice, uninfluenced and unawed, adopted upon full investigation and mature deliberation, completely free in its principles, in the distribution of its powers, uniting security with energy, and containing within itself a provision for its own amendment, has a just claim to your confidence and your support. Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the Constitution which at any time exists, till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government."

-George Washington, Farewell Address

Damn, that's a lot of words. You sure Floyd didn't write it? :grin:

Our health care system sucks! :mad: My Dad has been in and out of the hospital for almost a year now, and his insurance only covers a small part of it...and if you're old and sick it sucks even more...My Dad has had to sell his car, and his house to help pay for medical bills that adds up in the thousands!...the house sold for a lot less than what it's worth because nobody is buying houses now, because of our economy...everything he's worked for his whole life is gone...

Sorry, I'm in a crappy mood right now.... :mad: