What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I'm fairly sure that Mrs Fitter's parents weren't too thrilled when she brought me home to meet them for the first time,(nearly 25 years ago) in my colourful punk-rock gear covered in badges and paint and what-have-you. I looked a little idiosyncratic, perhaps: not what they'd hoped for. I don't they were concerned that I might be on drugs: more that she must have been.

'Course, I soon won them over, once they realised that my rough exterior concealed a heart of gold. ;)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter's only four, but when she starts to date, I think I'll judge her dates by how they respectful they are of her and how they treat her than how they look. That being said, I will probably gasp if she brings home a guy who doesn't look like the norm (unless the norm is like today, these kids who wear their pants halfway down their ass, then I'd prefer other than the norm).....but I'll try to be open minded

Does he have a job and has he ever been in trouble with people like Marc are my top two questions. When she was younger I used to tease her and tell her she was flypaper for freaks :laughing: she agreed with me. She sure can pick um.

...if she brings home a guy who doesn't look like the norm (unless the norm is like today, these kids who wear their pants halfway down their ass, then I'd prefer other than the norm).....but I'll try to be open minded

That is such an annoying fashion, isn't it?

Makes you want to give them a wedgie and tell them to buck their ideas up.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I'm so mad right now my head is spinning. (Note to Farin: find a smiley with a spinning head or a puff of smoke over it!)

Tonight I got a phone call from the mother of a girl my son used to hang out with (there's a whole group of them - none of them stellar kids - and my son no longer hangs with them). She says, "My son's PSP was stolen last summer and we just found out it was your son or X who took it. I've already talked to X's mom and she says no way her son did it. So I wanted to call you and find out which one of you is going to pay me back the $250." ~ verbatim

Now, regardless of who actually did the lifting, am I wrong that this woman - who I've met all of twice - should have perhaps approached this in another manner, and before almost an entire year had passed? I am dumbfounded. And more than a little pissed off.

(for those who are wondering, I have handled this issue with my kid.)

:laughing: I did give her the badfinger. Too bad it was over the phone. :grin:

I didn't even know who she was when she first identified herself. And evidently she actually went over to the other kid's house to talk to his mom. If she'd come over here, I'd have flattened her. :mad: I'm still mad.

They are taking my computer to the hospital again. This time it will be there for a week or more.

As I am not working at the office anymore, I won´t have the computer there.

My husband is constantly using his pc.

My best friend has a laptop for work but no computer at home. He said he´d buy me a new one but he´s a bit broke...

My new job has web filters and i´ll be busy till 6 pm.

I hate my life.

Oh, I surely will borrow his computer (the current husband´s computer, I mean) but anyways...

At least, the PC has youtube et all.

But I have a bunch of lazy guys around me, they should have fixed my computer four or five weeks ago.