What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I actually prefer the couch, so it's kinda strange to wonder of such a situation in a negative overtone.

1. Spend time with family - FOR FREE: check.

2. Sleep on the couch and watch the movies until 4am: check.

3. Couch is closer to the beer and kettle chips: check.

Where's the catch?

The alternative would be to find a mate - quick - and demand a room for yourselves. I find it's much easier to sleep warm and toasty on the couch... aaaaall to meself :beatnik:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it's much easier to sleep warm and toasty on the couch... aaaaall to meself :beatnik:

and here's the thing... I wouldn't be all by myself. I would be sharing the couch/pull-out sofa with a niece or nephew.

I can not sleep on couches, though... they tear up my back in a big way. At least all the ones I've ever tried have. :crazy:

At any rate, my sister called and told them that it wasn't good, and that all the adults should have their own space and the kids should be the ones to take the couches, floors... so the folks have remedied the situation and it's all good. :)

I was in a very depressive time of my life when I came up with the idea... so Death by Rayzor sounded right.

Now that I'm happier, your idea does sound good. But what about the alcohol content thing? For some reason there's a limit! It cannot exceed 11.5 % alcohol! :shocked:

What ticks me off today is that I woke up with my knee really hurting. I have osteoperossis (or however you spell it) from inheritance and from playing hockey without working out for the games (I found out that was a bad thing to do).

So now I have to take my medicine for it... which I would have to go to what sweetens your coffee thread, cuz I just get drunk till it doesn't hurt no more. My body has a very high tolerance to painkillers so it's nearly hopeless for my doctor to prescribe anything because of what I take for my epilepsy alreday. I would end up sleeping for a week! :laughing:

The unmitigated gall of Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama is what is grinding my gears at the moment.

During last night's debate, both threatened to pull out of NAFTA unless Canada and Mexico make compromises (read capitulate to the demands of the U.S. government) on the deal in order to satisfy the U.S. government.

This is really rich considering the United States has never signed an agreement it wasn't willing to unilaterally violate. Just look at the way they behaved over softwood lumber. In addition, the United States which is constantly whining about other countries and their agricultural subsidies, subsidizes it's farmers more than any other country on the planet.

But by all means, let's renegotiate the North American Free Trade agreement, because in its current form, it is a VERY bad deal for Canada and Mexico.

Obama and Clinton had better be careful before they alienate two of the few remaining countries that don't actively dislike the United States.

I can't believe that I used to respect the Democratic party. If these two clowns are the best the party has to offer, bring on John McCain.

Boy, I feel better now.

Edited by Guest

'Ticked -off ' ?!?! Haven't you lived in Canada long enough to know that we aren't going to swindle the States anytime soon - they outnumber us in lawyers by at least 100-1 ! Just be pleased that the past few governments have seen fit to pay down the debt to the point where you an go to the US and get 1-to-1+ for your dollar .