What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well , the fact that he came back to her leads me to believe that it's much ado about nothing . Everyone is stressed out , and if screaming is your thing ( and the neighbors can stand it ) , then go for it , for all the good it will do . Otherwise , you are better off planning the perfect murder / insurance scam which , though the odds are highly stacked against you , you could try - and risk your immortal soul , as well as freedom or life ( depending on the state ) . Divorce is another , yet highly uncreative , option .

For the single adults in the house: when you are included in plans involving travel and family, and all your siblings are married with kids, and you are the only single sibling, do you find that you get relegated to the fold out couch in the living room of hotels or condos or whatever - while everyone else gets their own private rooms because they're married?

Does this bother you? Or do you just suck it up because it is, after all, a family vacation, and you are, after all, single.

Or do you feel that because you're an adult member of the family you should be given the same amenities and accomodations as the rest, and the fact that you're single should be strictly secondary?

Before anyone asks - this is an expense paid vacation my parents want our family to go on. The folks are footing the bill for everybody - kids included.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

While I agree with your feelings on this , Shawna , I'm with Marc's idea as the most practical and least troublesome solution . However , when I go home for these kinds of functions , jet lag usually finds me dozing on the sofa quietly watching infomercials , or the like at 4:00+ am , or sitting in the lobby reading the morning papers regardless of the arrangements . :P

Suck it up or get your own room on your dime.

I checked into it... I cannot afford that. So it's either accept this gift as they've presented it to me, or not at all. And if I don't accept it, my mom who's been teetering on the far side of depression now for 2 years will take it very personally.

$*%!!, I hate stuff like this.

I'm the only single sibling in my family and I'm always on the sofa. Doesn't bother me a bit. Seems rational considering everyone else has a mate to sleep with. I've come to expect and enjoy sleeping on the couch, so long as I get to visit with my family. That's the most important part of all. Look at the big picture: sleeping 8 hours on the couch or visiting with family for 16 hours of your day?

I'm the only single sibling in my family and I'm always on the sofa. Doesn't bother me a bit. Seems rational considering everyone else has a mate to sleep with. I've come to expect and enjoy sleeping on the couch, so long as I get to visit with my family. That's the most important part of all. Look at the big picture: sleeping 8 hours on the couch or visiting with family for 16 hours of your day?

Not to mention closer to the refridgerator!