What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My kids were watching "Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get A Clue", one of those later Scooby series, after the gang have gone their separate ways. It's a travesty and an abomination. The graphics are atrocious: Shaggy doesn't even look like the Shagster. I'm not much of an artist, but I'm sure if I sat there for long enough with an original to copy from, I could sketch a better resemblance myself. Also, the Shag-voice is just pathetic. I then noted that the Scooby Snacks, which previously used to furnish SD with the courage to go in search of clues, confront villains, etc. now have the power (presumably due to being "genetically Modified" or somesuch) to elastify and extend Scooby's limbs,neck and tail, such that he can reach out through the mesh of a net and press a lever 40 metres away, whilst simultaneously throttling a similarly distant villain. Poppycock!

You might think the involvement of ex-Devo maestro Mark Mothersbaugh in the writing/performance of the show's signature tune might provide some redemption: sadly, not. It's crap, too.

That it's Valentines Day! What an over rated holiday! Even when I had a Valentine I didn't care for it, I mean why should you make a fuss over your sweetie just on one day, shouldn't you do that on a daily basis?? :P

I thought we celebrate Valentine's Day because that's the day the big massacre took place. Uncle Al rules!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

:puppyeyes:

No, not you or our SF tenagers,Tim -besides, you´re not really a teenager now... I was thinking 13/17 years old... -

I mean, some of the ones around me :stars: who love rap and dress like pimps and want to drop out the most classy school to repair cars or be a hair-dresser and when you hear them ignoring Dylan, Led Zepp, even the White Stripes or The Strokes or Weezer :doh: :doh:

I was thinking 13/17 years old... -

I mean, some of the ones around me :stars: who love rap and dress like pimps and want to drop out the most classy school to repair cars or be a hair-dresser and when you hear them ignoring Dylan, Led Zepp, even the White Stripes or The Strokes or Weezer :doh: :doh:

Oh, those teenagers. Yeah, they suck. :cool:

Not only did we have that power loss last week, but the week before, my husband slid on ice with the car we just spent $3500 repairing and it's totaled. All we need is for our roof to leak or some part of our house to fall off!

Sounds like all of us have the winter blues and need to get away. Maybe if we all chipped in, we could buy an island somewhere.....