Random Sports and Sport Talk

PSYCHOcatholic

there have been numerous suggestions as to what could be done with that problems... a chip in the ball, instant replay challenge (they even already have a fourth official at the side who's not doing much right now), or an additional referee who's standing directly behind the goal (like they're currently testing in the Europe League)

it can be anyone's guess why they're not moving... maybe it's because the average age of the FIFA guys (who are responsible for the rules) is somewhere around 75 or so :P

You are likely right about that , then. Most sports want to have faith in their referee's calls - as is - but it really seems so nutty when such a big tournament is at stake- and on a goal, which as I said before are rare and one is usually asleep before they happen . I would hate to be a FIFA official today as getting nailed by eggs and tomatoes are not only in order , but justified . :)

it can be anyone's guess why they're not moving... maybe it's because the average age of the FIFA guys (who are responsible for the rules) is somewhere around 75 or so :P

Ha! :laughing:

That said, I'm still fuming and any French had better hide from me until 2014 (or until, I dunno, North Korea kick them out of the tournament and I can laugh in their faces) :mad: :mad:

Edited by Guest
:mad:

Edna ?! You heard the man : don't post until 2014 , please ... :laughing:

...and N.Korea don't just have a game with you ; they more likely will abduct your team ( or star ) and force you to teach them how to play better ... much like the French Foreign Legion or the Royal Navy . ;)

Sports Illustrated released a list of the 10 greatest heavyweight boxers ever.

10) Lennox Lewis 42-2-1 with 32 KO's

9) Rocky Marciano 49-0 with 43 KO's

8) Joe Frazier 32-4-1 with 27 KO's

7) George Foreman 76-5 with 68 KO's

6) Jack Dempsey 64-6-9 with 49 KO's

5) Jack Johnson 86-10-11 with 40 KO's

4) Larry Holmes 69-6 with 44 KO's

3) Sonny Liston 50-4 with 39 KO's

2) Joe Louis 63-3 with 49 KO's

1) Muhammed Ali 56-5 with 37 KO's

They left off Mike Tyson (who had a record of 50-6 with 44 KO's) I realize Tyson fell from grace since his prime, but during his prime he was the best.

That's pretty similar to the previous lists I've seen. You can't argue with the top two, but Foreman, Frazier and Marciano should all be above Liston. Lewis, Tyson and Floyd Patterson are in pretty close competition for the #10 spot, but I agree with Lewis.

No!!!! I wish it could be, since I'm a huge fan of the suburb and live right next to it, but the forces of destiny made me an Essendon fan.

Bear in mind I know none of the players, and barely anything about AFL itself, I just know the colours are red and black because that's what was responsible for making me a recruit.

The Duck/Wildcat game last night was one of the most exciting I've ever seen.

Even if you don't care about either team, I highly reccomend all college football enthusiasts watch the University of Oregon vs. Oregon State civil war game on December 3rd. The huge rivalry usually always results in a good game, but this one's going to be great because the winner represents the Pac-10 in the Rose Bowl.

To be honest it wasn't much of a game ... they could've left it blacked out. :D There was some amount of worry about that. I said all week it was because it was only the Chiefs coming to town. :P

But yeah, a win's a win. These San Diegans are an optimistic bunch, I'll say that. ;)