Things and people you miss...

Uncle Joe

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to say from the 20/20 hindsight gallery , Bluefish . Though NOT knowing any of the presently revealed information , one can only dance as merry a jig as possible , with all due respects to those afflicted . I suggest you suck your egg rather than throw it , dear . }:(

That was a nice list, Jackie.

Even in the UK, The Banana Splits was staple viewing for kids in the early 70s. I bought a scruffy old Splits video for my kids, which they enjoy too.

"The Little Rascals": was that a black & white show about a gang of kids, one of whom had a very distinctive something-or-other about his hair (a sticky-up bit)? My memories of that are fond, if a little vague. I'd be delighted to be reminded of a little more detail.

Minnie Riperton. "Loving You" is a beautiful song, an all-time favourite of mine. Coincidentally, I listened to it only the day before yesterday. My brother and I were listening to a compilation tape he made for his partner Eloisa who died last week. So that song, coupled with the fact that both Eloisa and Minnie Riperton were taken away so young, is particularly poignant right now. :(

I'm sorry for your loss B-F

Hi Everybody ! Thanks so much for the welcome you guys sure know how to make a girl feel all warm & fuzzy! First just let me just say I am sooooo computer challenged but I sure like the message boards so I'm going to learn.

Have a good weekend!!!

P.S. OMG B-F I sooooo love you for that!!!!

Kevin....I think you've missed something here. BF, for all that he can be a flatulent know-it-all, is grieving. I do hope I'm punctuating this correctly. Anyway...cut with the jokes...he's being serious. That's the trouble with irony...it's not a one-way street. He's not joking...he's hurting.

:(

Also....is that the 'number of the post'?

(which, of course, will mean nothing if you reply...but, for the benefit of others was '6666'....at the time of writing)

:crazy:

Edited by Guest

Be advised Johnny and others that , while a bit old , I can still walk and chew gum at the same time . Don't you think it's possible that I have a PT going on with him and have a sense of how he is really feeling while putting up with you meat hooks at the same time ?! ;):) :angel: ( Dorks ! :laughing: )

• 1 month later...

I miss my PC ... :( I miss having lunch with Uncle Joe, I miss Edna's brownies, I miss getting busted by Peachy, I miss Miami Sammy taking the newbies lunch money, I miss playing fun and games with Lucky, I miss picking on Fintan and Farin, I miss answering BADFINGER to every trivia question asked, I miss my 1/8th of a brain Shawna, I miss reading S2V's poetry, and yes I even miss being dorked by Kevy...and all the rest of the songfactors...I MISS YOU ALL!!!!

Thanks Lucky....I use to be able to get online at work for hours...but work has been really crazy lately, alot of changes around here, and I don't get a chance to post at all anymore....We really need a new computer...the one we had awhile ago is all messed up....I'm working on paying off some bills before we start looking for a new one...Hopefully if will be soon...I feel lost without my Songfacts...

the salami's on me.

quite literally. :googly: :grin: :grin:

Laurie! How can I think without you?? Nothing I think makes sense anymore. Did it ever? And I think that thinking gives me a massive headache. Come back soon and start pulling your share of this godforsaken load.

Laurie : take your time and do what you have to do , first - get your head straight - take a walk in the great outdoors , perhaps . Honestly - you aren't 'missing' anything ! :laughing: :laughing: :P

A brief summary of the week : Joe got banned for an unexpected anti-eskimo tirade ( I guess he had a childhood grudge or something ) , but he has some clever lawyers fighting it and he posted bail , so he'll likely still be around for a few more weeks , at least . Other than that , nothing , really .

• 4 weeks later...

I miss my girls...They have been on their own now for a couple of months, and they are doing fine...I always said I couldn't wait untill they were all grown up, and we would have a nice quiet house, without all the drama...but I miss it terribly...I heard the song Wild World by Cat Stevens today, and I started crying for no reason at all...the lyrics made me think of my youngest being out on her own, without our help any more...even though we still do... :P I miss hearing the arguing they did, the slamming the doors, the yelling, and the drama stories they use to come home with, like the world was gonna end...I didn't think I would have this empty nest syndrome as they call it, but I do..... :(