What is your one favourite band of all time?

Jillianne

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsdown:You don't know "music"

GUNS N' ROSES RULE

Man obviously u haven't heard the d. Kyle can play the guitar like a mofo,can i say that, mofo. Just because they are comical, dosen't mean its not music. oh yea, guns n' roses what did they do? sweet child of mine is their only decent song and thats because of the intro.

:thumbsdown:You don't know "music"

GUNS N' ROSES RULE

No offense, but if you are going to put down someone elses band, its pretty funny/ironic seeing you put up Guns n roses as your fave right after that! Don't get me wrong, I like their music, but they are probably the cheeziest band of all time.

Man obviously u haven't heard the d. Kyle can play the guitar like a mofo,can i say that, mofo. Just because they are comical, dosen't mean its not music. oh yea, guns n' roses what did they do? sweet child of mine is their only decent song and thats because of the intro.

no actually they had plenty of good songs have u never heard of welcome to the jungle, paradise city, dont cry, patience, and the godly november rain.

obviously u dont know ure guns n' roses very good

slash kickz ass way better than kyle whoever jus watch an old guns n roses video u will see

:guitar:

And...Civil War, Mr. Brownstone, Get in the Ring, Pretty Tied Up, Night Train, So Easy (I think that's the name)I can go on and on! G&R is not my favorite now, but they used to be and I still love to listen to ALL of their albums when I am in my "back in the day music" mood. ::

Not to mention, I don't really feel that a band has to be publically HUGE in order to be recognized for being talented. My favorite band TOOL, if you have never heard or do not own one of their albums, how many songs do you know by them?? Let me take a wild guess here: Sober, Aenema, 46 & 2, Schism?? Funny because 3 of those songs are from only 1 album. Most have never heard "Opiate" and Undertow is a fantastic album that was only recognized by the "public" for "Sober". I think my point is clear, just because YOU only know a few songs by a band does not mean that they are any less talented than the bands that everyone knows every song on every album.

guns n' roses what did they do? sweet child of mine

is their only decent song and thats because of the intro.

They had a hell of a lot of songs that were good.

Their performance on November Rain is tops of any song IMO over the past 25 years.

Slash's sudden solo outbreak in any named tune by them, &

their visual aspect interpretation beyond song in Coma,

where you can feel the state of being out of this world while lying in a hospital bed

during Axl?s lyrical comprehension as well as the guitar lead were a new standard in Rock Music.

• 2 years later...

oh, Ms. Fish, that's a very hard question :P

let's just say that my musical taste is very diverse...

I like the "Classic" Rock songs/bands, but also Beat, some 70's Glam Rock, Punk, 80's Stadium Rock, Grunge and even some Hip Hop (mostly Old-school) and Electronica

let's just say that I'm open to mostly every type of music... :)

(not that I necessarily like it, but I'd give it a shot ;))

Well everybody likes to think they're really broad-minded, don't they?

May I be the first to admit to being incredibly narrow-minded and therefore finding no difficulty whatsoever in suggesting my favourite band/song of all time.

Favourite band: Killing Joke

Favourite song: "Police And Thieves" by Junior Murvin

No, hang on a minute, that's not right ......Ask me again tomorrow.

I never said that I like everything, which is not the case.

eg. I can't stand Volksmusik and most Schlager (if that tells you something)

I don't like what one would call "Pop" songs and most of modern Hip Hop, Country and I'm not really a fan of Motown either... :crazy: :P

:doh: Farin, I´m so sorry... I´d never ask you to download that Brazilian pop song for me if I had known...

;)

that's okay...

for my friends I can go through a little pain ;)

and I meant more what's currently running on MTV and the like (when they're playing music :P)

okay you asked for it... ;)

"Stairway to heaven" is probably the best Rock song ever, but great are also:

"Alive" (Pearl Jam)

"Unrockbar" (Ärzte)

"Smoke on the Water"

"Money for nothing"

"Rock the Casbah"

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of the greatest compositions ever, but great are also

"Bittersweet Symphony"

"Nothing Else Matters" (Metallica)

"Hey Jude"

"Sweet Home Chicago"

and when we're talking about the best lyrics/meaning

"Like A Rolling Stone",

"American Pie",

"Do the Evolution",

"Hotel California"

"Sie ist weg" (Fantastischen Vier)

"The Message"

"Zombie"