What did you get for Christmas?

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good....my kid's presents all worked straight out of the box, which, considering they were 3 seperate PCs (one laptop and 2 games enabled PCs) all wirelessed up and now (along with my one) all connected to the internet and all working fine (I was dreading having to spend all day screaming at a dumb computer and my kids)is a minor miracle.... :)

Love and merry Xmas to all :thumbsup:

Nearly 8pm here Christmas night, so the day is all but over!

I got a lot this year :D I'm a spoilt girl. Some of the best things were a David Bowie dvd (from Bella!), That 70's Show Season One, The Simpsons Season One, YSL Babydoll perfume, a KISS 2006 Calendar, alcohol, clothes and money. Oh and shoes and a handbag, a manicure set and some makeup. That's all I can think of right now :D :D

It´s 10.30 here and we had half of our presents yesterday... today we´re going to spend the days with my hubby´s family, so there´s maybe more... :grin: We had tons of things: clothes (pulls, gloves, shirts, skirts, scarfs. etc) and body milk, hand milk, lotions, parfume, incense, a Beatles Calendar, books, sunglasses, a bag, another bag, a trip to the place we choose and many many other things I can´t remember. We came home with three big bags full of things...

Well, we've opened our pressies - some lovely stuff!!

A lovely silver bangle, and a set of silver rings.

Two necklaces, one cross, one art deco hearts

Brown knee length skirt, shimmer/bronzer set

"The Meaning Of Tingo" book

"The 10th Kingdom" book

5 x Giles Milton books

Ice Age DVD, 'Special Sister' plaque, a Me To You bear (from my ickle bro)

Nail Experts kit

Aubergine suede gloves

Sparkly scarf

2 x pairs fluffy bed socks :grin:, 3 x pairs black socks with 'Foxy' 'Chick' & 'Babe' in diamontes

Over £100 cash

...thats all I can think of for a moment....

Well, we've opened our pressies - some lovely stuff!!

A lovely silver bangle, and a set of silver rings.

Two necklaces, one cross, one art deco hearts

Brown knee length skirt, shimmer/bronzer set

"The Meaning Of Tingo" book

"The 10th Kingdom" book

5 x Giles Milton books

Ice Age DVD, 'Special Sister' plaque, a Me To You bear (from my ickle bro)

Nail Experts kit

Aubergine suede gloves

Sparkly scarf

2 x pairs fluffy bed socks :grin:, 3 x pairs black socks with 'Foxy' 'Chick' & 'Babe' in diamontes

Over £100 cash

...thats all I can think of for a moment....

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee! :P

My older sister asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so I mentioned Cat Stevens. (The fellow now known as Yusuf Islam) When I unwrapped a bulky package this was revealed:

"The Very Best of Classical" (a 5-CD set featuring The Appolonia Symphony Orchestra. Whozat?)

"Holiday Collection" (a 10-CD set featuring The Holly Tree or The Misteltoe Players. WHO?)

These are produced in Canada and sold at discount stores for $7.49 each. It's nice elevator music, overall, though the "Holiday Collection" features CDs by Perry Como and Bing Crosby. (Perfect for "The Greatest Generation.) I could return these sets, but I could take them up to the local Long Term Care facility where there are members of "The Greatest Generation." I've been dropping off music of the 1940's when I find it at the local indie comic book/used music store, which is preferable to corporate radio/top 40 junk.

For the record, my sister got a Tuck & Patty music CD for Christmas, and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" CD for her December 24th birthday. These holiday surprizes match the "stormy weather+Classical music CDs" from last year. (There was a Blues music CD also, but I prefer musical cousin Jazz.) Aren't siblings interesting? =:P

I miss that buzz that you get from having small children around at Christmas time. Our family is age 16 and over now, and that will be the way it stays until either myself or my brother has kids, which I don't foresee happening for a while!

I miss winding my brother up about Christmas, and having that disturbance at some unearthly hour of Christmas morning, I think that I pushed alot of my excitement onto my brother so that I at least appeared grown up to everyone but Toby :D

I miss that buzz that you get from having small children around at Christmas time. Our family is age 16 and over now, and that will be the way it stays until either myself or my brother has kids, which I don't foresee happening for a while!

I miss winding my brother up about Christmas, and having that disturbance at some unearthly hour of Christmas morning, I think that I pushed alot of my excitement onto my brother so that I at least appeared grown up to everyone but Toby :D

I miss that too Foxy...my kids are teens now...and there really aren't any little ones in the family, everyones all grown up....I miss that excitement from Christmas morning....jumping on our bed and saying Santa was here....checking their stockings, and getting all excited when they saw the milk and cookies were all eaten up by Santa, they even left carrots out for the reindeer!....those precious moments....

We used to leave carrots out for the reindeer as well, and a glass of sherry with a mince pie for Santas Claus...and upon waking we would hang on as long as we possibly could, before running into Mum and Dads room and then leaping down the stairs and out of the front door to find the carrots half 'eaten', and a missing mince pie and a drop of sherry left in the glass.....

I guess I have that all to look forward to eventually!

i got loads of gorgeous things - i am such a lucky girl! i got:

a pretty bag

desperate housewives series one on dvd

a beeeeyooootiful book about jeff buckley

jerry springer the opera on dvd

pearl earrings

a lovely necklace

some clinique products

a beddy bear that heats in the micro and keeps me warm at night when my baby is away.

but the piece de resistance has got to be.....................................................

emilythestrangesm9eb.jpg

isn't she pretty?!