Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not cold at all...as a matter of fact, we've had a run of 5 or more days in the 70's...that is prety good for the last week of October in New Jersey.

The high 50's are predicted starting Friday...still not terrible, but it means the 40's and 30's and 20's aren't far behind.

I heard that the La Nina (is that right?) will make our winter warmer and wetter, but with much less snow...I'll take it and keep cheering on Summer to come back again...soon...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

autumn?!?!? Crikey. What's winter like? :crazy:

Picture #8, where is this amazing little town square? German is not my first language. Or my second. Or any. ;)

"Blick vom Turm der Dresdner Kreuzkirche auf den Striezelmarkt. Der Weihnachtsmarkt findet dieses Jahr zum 576. Mal statt und ist damit einer der ältesten in Deutschland."

autumn?!?!? Crikey. What's winter like? :crazy:

Picture #8, where is this amazing little town square? German is not my first language. Or my second. Or any. ;)

"Blick vom Turm der Dresdner Kreuzkirche auf den Striezelmarkt. Der Weihnachtsmarkt findet dieses Jahr zum 576. Mal statt und ist damit einer der ältesten in Deutschland."

that's not really the norm here either :P but the first snow of the season somehow isn't as annoying as in february or march ;)

"View from the tower of the Dresden Church of the cross onto the Striezelmarkt. The christmas market is in its 576th season this year which makes it one of the oldest in Germany."

Photo 6 is wonderful...just what I picture a German town to look like. I never really thought about the fact that there is a lot of snow in Germany at this time of year.
That's a small town called "Wasserburg am Inn" in Bavaria, which I never heard before now either.

I guess snow at this time is common for the mountain ranges in the middle and the south, but such an early winter in the whole of Germany, especially in the North, is a bot unusual.

"View from the tower of the Dresden Church of the cross onto the Striezelmarkt. The christmas market is in its 576th season this year which makes it one of the oldest in Germany."

Omg, what a funny coincidence. I have a friend from work that is there right now. He sent us pictures of this just today! Absolutely beautiful with all the lights, etc. :bow:

• 4 weeks later...

I think we usually turn the heat up to 67.

It is a rainy, monsoon-like day...very warm for 12/1...I think it is already over 60 degrees. I hear the cold weather is coming soon.

Well, the cold weather came...no white Christmas, but there is a blizzard warning posted for Sunday through Monday. Expecting somewhere between 10-16 inches of snow...fortunately it is going back into the 40's later this week.