Give and Take

Kevin

Steve Forbert is a singer/songwriter from Mississippi who released his debut album Alive on Arrival in 1978 and due to his lyrics was hailed as the "new" Bob Dylan. His most successful album was Jackrabbit Slim (1979), which made it to the Top 20 in the US. I enjoy his folk-rock styled music, especially songs like "Romeo's Tune" and "It Isn't Gonna Be That Way".

Give: Tom Petty

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Petty is one of those guys that's been putting out quality music for 20+ years, and flies under the radar. (Just like you, Annabelle, no wonder you picked him) I own 4 or 5 of his cds, and his greatest hits, as well. He's unassuming, so he often gets overlooked, but the man is an institution in Amrerican rock and roll history. My favorite cuts of his are 'Even the Losers', and 'Woman in Love'

Taylor Dayne (ha, haddaya like them apples?)

Audioslave

Nobody did this one, and since I know squat about Johnny Thunders, I'll take this one:

Audioslave is made up of the remaining members of Rage Against the Machine and Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. I just bought their CD for my husband for Christmas. I have only heard two of their songs, but I like "Like a Stone"

I will give up my give until someone does Edna's

Coop absolutely f***in' rules! "The Ballad of Dwight Fry" is not only one of the ten best songs ever written, Alice performs it live wearing a straight jacket and it's always the highlight of his live show. He used to have his head cut off with a guillotine on stage; that sh*t was cool! I'm not sure if he still does it, though; I haven't seen him live in several years.

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I hope this is the right person/group !

Esteban is a guitarist who studied under, and was given his stage name, by the great Spanish classical guitarist, Segovia. He lost the use of his hands for 10 years following a car accident (1980), but struggled back and since has put out numerous CD's which are often in the Billboard charts. (I've finished my homework now, Muzik, can I go ? ;) )

Give: Four Tops