Give and Take

Kevin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

taking a cue from Bowie were one of the original overtly androgynous rock bands - they acheived very little notoriety for their music, more for their style and attitude - "Personality Crisis" was a minor hit for them - they also spawned the freak we know and love (or detest) as Buster Poindexter (David Johansen) - countless hair metal bands emulated their look and sound in the mid-eighties.

Big Head Todd & the Monsters

Ok. First of all. She has no "e" on the end of her name. It's Patti Palladin.

I was ten years old when my punk princess moved to the U.K. and recorded with Judy Nylon as "Snatch". Their single "All I Want" wasn't the only thing I wanted.

I was just out of high school when she took on this gothic look that I still drool over today. =:P

pattigothic.jpg

For those of you who may have missed it, her teeth appear on the cover of Skrewdriver's album, "All Skrewed Up".

skrewdriverpalladin.jpg

I've been all skrewed up since she left. :puppyeyes:

Give your comments on:

Cheap Trick :rockon:

Oh, Cheap Trick... the two handsome guys and the other two! Great rock from the 80´s, "I want you to want me" and "Surrender" are my fave... and the "Live at Budokan" album is a must.

Great you know Patti Palladin... I saw her a couple of times with Johnny Thunders and she´s recorded a very good cover album with him, "Copycats". :thumbsup:

Rufus Wainwright

Rufus Wainwright is the son of Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle (?) and has forged a name for himself as a talented but very eclectic artist. His style of music has evolved over the years from vaudevillian to a type of operatic performance on his most recent release. Not my type of music but here's to ya if you like him.

Let's go in the opposite direction:

Clawhammer

Sorry, Edna.

I was laughing so hard at your comment, I forgot to post. :laughing:

Anyone who is a Rolling Stones fan should know Keith Richards :bow: and the X-Pensive Winos.

Keith's solo career with the winos was short lived with only 2 studio album releases in 4 years. Good thing there's also a live album.

If you're not acquainted with his solo work, get out there and pick up "Talk Is Cheap".

Keith Richards' fans, enjoy the visuals:

keith11.jpgkeith3.jpgkeith1.jpg

Give: April Wine