Wheres my FROG????

michellenw

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gisela, I understand the Ireland/Germany thing. I was born in Delaware, but moved to Maryland when I was 8, but always said I was from Delaware. Once I was old enough, I moved back. Your home is your home.

I was in Germany for 18 months back in the early 80's, in the army.

I was in Germany for 18 months back in the early 80's, in the army.

Whereabouts, Jr.? I was there in the late 60's. Pirmasens, Kaiserslautern, Heidelberg, Munich....If you visited any ladies rooms in the gasthauses you probably saw my name on the walls. I know because I put it there. No, they didn't call me Kilroy. I made 'em holler "onkel".

Gisela, the story had a happy ending. He survived the war, came back, married her and they lived happily ever after. Apparently he was a bit of a hero in that part of Eire for what he did.

I lived in Germany myself as a kid. I lived on the base at Gutersloh for 6 years from 1968 to 1974. My kid sister was born in the military hospital over there, and apparently has the option of dual citizenship should she want it. My Mum speaks fluent German, and does a bit of translation on the side. I myself speak 'kleiner Deutch', but I have big problems writing or reading it. Shame, as I had a good start but insufficient foresight to learn more as a teenager.

Regards

hi ed, thanks for the tips, i wouldn't fill this lovely place with spam! well i'm an irish girl but my father is german. but we didn't speak german at all while i was growing up. by the time he started when i was about seven we were too old and just told him we couldn't understand him! (he didn't try that hard tho reallly!) of course now i regret it cos it would've been great to grow up bilingual! i learned german for six years in school and i'm studying it in college hence i am here in munich for a year. my german is pretty okay, i get good grades and all that but i'm hoping by the end of this year i'll be able to speak with more of a flow and actually have a vocabulary beyond 'hi my name is....' ! my irish is far better than my german!

Holy Crap! We have a banana emoticon! Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana:

You know, I have seriously mulled this over for great lengths of time, and I fail to see what is so intriguing about dancing bananas. I can't quite figure out why people feel compelled to post them in throngs, in armies of tens, twenties, thirties. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't obsess over dancing fruit.

On the other hand, :happybanana: