Your Name

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankfort is the capital the state song is My old kentucky home which was actually written in florida by Key i believe his last name was and i have no benifits of being irish, and i carry none of the ressive genes from my parents except for blue eyes and by maternal i mean my great grand mother.

It was written by Stephen Foster, who also wrote Way down upon the Suwanee River (Old Folks at Home) and Camptown Races (Doo Dah).

Ka- Ka- KA Chewwww-ul ! I think I'd better pack it in and look after this ' condition' ... get some sleep or something.... :P

BTW : Who won the Derby this year ? Where was Harland Sanders born ?

Oh, the questions just keep popping into my mind ... can't sleep !

Wait, I think I get it. You said you were Irish, because you were under the illusion that having Irish genealogy also gave you Irish citizenship. Right? Well you see, that's a common misconception. But I understand. See, my great great great Grandfather was German, so I like to wear Swastikas and drive 90 MPH on the freeway.

So does Prince Harry .... and he's stoned and in a tank !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You can be Irish without having the Irish citizenship. If your grandads are Irish and you are raised with Irish habbits and your folks try to keep Irish culture among the family, for instance, you can be... half Irish? ::

well, I am half many things, and most of the people I knew where also more or less the same.

Of course, I also know many people who only have one citizenship and are just one thing (French, Peruvian, Swedish, whatever...)

Kevin, what time is it in Tokyo right now? ::

Oh, wait... it must be 8.00 PM now...not that late... When I had to work with Japan I had to go the office at midnight and stay till 3 or four in the morning... :stars: Otherwise you´d never find a soul in their offices... :beady:

And yes, they used to call me the UN!! :)

Oh, so you moved to Kentucky from the UK then?

See, my great great great Grandfather was German, so I like to wear Swastikas and drive 90 MPH on the freeway.

chris! if you're gonna be a smartass and try to demolish someone else on the boards you should try not to show your own ignorance in the process. not funny! :thumbsdown:

• 4 weeks later...

as most of you know, my name's gisela. that a german name. i'm named after my grandmother and also a spanish girl my mum met when she ran away with maharishi. there was a queen gisela of bavaria and also charlemange's chick was called gisela. it's pronounced (hard 'g' like galactic, girl, groovybaby) geez-ill-aah. that's the best way i can describe it anyway!