it Alaine. Iv heard Elaine is french for Helen or the other

way around.

oh an BTW i was born in a field as well, people ask me if im

kidding them, i just say neeeeiigh im no kiddin :laughing:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pronounced (hard 'g' like galactic, girl, groovybaby) geez-ill-aah. that's the best way i can describe it anyway!

Oh, Gisela, after looking at the way you pronouce your name (geez-ill-aah) I will have to fight hard not to think of god-zil-la...now we have godzilla and elvishockey. =:P

my names Elaine i was called after a horse, my parents didn`t

know what to call me, my dad bet on a horse that

day and it won,

so thats my name, but most people pronounce

it Alaine. Iv heard Elaine is french for Helen or the other

way around.

oh an BTW i was born in a field as well, people ask me if im

kidding them, i just say neeeeiigh im no kiddin :laughing:

I guess you're lucky, then , that your father didn't bet on a horse called " Seattle Slew ", or the like ... ( though it would be a good screen name ... ) ;) ::

Jillianne or Gillian, or Jill, whatever, its crap either way :)

I beg to differ, Jillianne! I think you have a beautiful name. My daughter's name is somewhat similar. It's Gillian. All her friends call her Julie, Julian or they pronounce it as if it starts with a hard g. It drives us nuts.

:shades:

Honestly ! Would you 'freeze' if ordered to do so , and the arresting officer approached you like that ... and he needs bifocals , to boot !?!? C 'mon !!

My dance moves have proven time and again to be hypnotic and unexpectedly disarming in critcal situations. The only thing I have to worry about is hitting myself in the nads with my nightstick ::

I'm sure this will come as a real shocker, but my name is Victoria. And no, I don't have a secret. (Oh, and please, it's Victoria - not Vicky. I know my username is Miss Vicky, but it's an inside joke with a friend of mine - and has nothing to do with potato chips before anyone asks.)

I get compliments on my name from customers all the time at work - "Oh your name is so beautiful and regal!" Yeah... so beautiful that people always forget it and call me "Veronica" or "Virginia" I've even been called "Violet" and "Vivian." I also had a manager who for some reason seemed to want to completely change my name and kept calling me "Rebecca." :doh:

My name changes very often... actually, it´s always the same but I have two citizenships and I live in a foreign country, which makes three different ways to call me. In Spain they would also add your mother´s family name, so that makes four. And there is also a "H" in my name wether it´s spanish or french, so that makes a long list of combinations. I can tell who is writing to me: immigration, telephone company, bank, friends, family, work, etc. just by reading my full name on the enveloppe.

Do you think Chris is as girlie a name as Sammy? As I told you, my name is Ken. And, yes, some call me Kenny....and there's nothing girlie about it.

I always knew you were cool, Sammy. Your real name is my kid's name, too. And damn staight, there's nothing girlie about it. :thumbsup:

I've been called Sha-na-na, Shawnee, Shannon, Sharona, Sharon, Sheila... but by far my favorite was the lady calling the shop asking for "Sha-Wanda." I said, "Uh, nobody here by that name." :jester:

I've been called Sha-na-na, Shawnee, Shannon, Sharona, Sharon, Sheila... but by far my favorite was the lady calling the shop asking for "Sha-Wanda." I said, "Uh, nobody here by that name." :jester:

Shawna, you do realize you've just given us a ton of nicknames for you? Now you're gonna have to answer to ShaWanda on the boards!

:jester: :laughing: :jester:

Gisela: Geezy Beezy, Gis, Gorilla, Godzilla (thanks marc! :P), Gazelle , Giselle, Gaziel, Gaz, Griselda, Gollum, and my own particular favourite thanks to my big brother: Sleazemeister General (or just Sleaze for short). nice!

Sleazemeister? That's not very nice...

Name's Tom, but everyone calls me Big Tom, so that's what I stick with. Except when I'm at work...

Shawna, you do realize you've just given us a ton of nicknames for you? Now you're gonna have to answer to ShaWanda on the boards!

:jester: :laughing: :jester:

Why should it be any different here? =:P My co-workers call me that almost exclusively ever since that happened. Awww... I know it's a sign of affection ::

• 1 month later...