Your Name

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name (information acquired from the last time I checked my underwear, Homer Simpson style), is Matt.

Apparently if I had have been born a girl my name would have been Helen, but I wouldn't have been particularly fond of that, I don't think. Maybe it's just a general bad experience thing with people called Helen. Not that I'm not willing to try and improve things between me and them, of course..!

Matt

My name is Tara. People are always and forever pronouncing it as "Terra" :doh: ...which is not correct. Say it with me Tar...a Tara...that's me! ::

It's all my fault - people try to pronounce it like it's my name with a T. :laughing:

This is reminds me, I used to work with a guy who pronounced my name like Tara with an S - Sar-a. A couple other people started pronouncing it like that too b/c they thought it was hysterical the way he said it. ::

My name is Carole. That would be Carol with an e. For some reason people seem to think I have added that e to be cutesy or something. I didn't. My mom named me for Carole Lombard for some reason. My birth certificate says Carole. I am constantly telling people that the e is not optional. My name is not Carol!! Carol is pronounced with an ahh sound.Carole is pronounced with an ehh sound. It drives me crazy! ::

My name is Carole. That would be Carol with an e. For some reason people seem to think I have added that e to be cutesy or something. I didn't. My mom named me for Carole Lombard for some reason. My birth certificate says Carole. I am constantly telling people that the e is not optional. My name is not Carol!! Carol is pronounced with an ahh sound.Carole is pronounced with an ehh sound. It drives me crazy!

GAHH!! You people drive me nuts!! Some people have weird names, but get all defensive when someone cant pronounce it. I understand my last name may be a little difficult to pronounce, so I don't get my underwear in a knot when somebody says it wrong. There was a boy in my middle school named Norah. His name was pronounced Noah, but the r was silent.

The pronunciation doesn't bother me so much- nobody gets that, I understand that. It's the leaving off the E even when it's someone who has known me for a long time. I'd like it to be spelled the way it is on my birth certificate.

Carol is somebody else, not me. ;)