The Songactors' Choice Top Ten #230 (Special Edition)

Lucky

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, Blue in Green :)

Yes, nice to see you again BnG :D

I was going to add comments to my nominations last night but didn't have time so....

We used to listen to Money at full volume while cruising around in my ex's 67/68 fire engine red Plymouth Satellite and headin' for the drag strip the guys had set up out in the boonies :D The cops loved the hell out our whole class ;)

The first time I had ever heard The Ocean I was again ridin' around in some classic car. That time it was a souped up VW Bug :D that car could fly and was gorgeous. It was also the first time I had ever smoked some really good...well you know ;)

[smaller]I graduated high school in the San Francisco Bay Area in [/smaller]1967[smaller], just in time for the Summer of Love.

There was just so much going on in music at that time. For example, and this is just the tip of the iceberg:

Light My Fire (Doors); Respect, I Never Loved a Man (Aretha); Somebody to Love (Jefferson Airplane); Ruby Tuesday, Paint It Black (Stones); Paperback Writer, Eleanor Rigby (Beatles); So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star, Mr. Spaceman (Byrds); Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison); Mustang Sally, In the Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett); Good Vibrations (Beach Boys); Sweet Soul Music (Arthur Conley); Psychotic Reaction (Count Five); Sunshine Superman (Donovan); Groovin' (Young Rascals); Summer in the City (Lovin’ Spoonful); Hold On, I'm Comin' (Sam & Dave) Homeward Bound (Simon & Garfunkel); Bernadette (Four Tops); The Beat Goes On (Sonny & Cher); For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield); Come 'Round Here I'm the One You Need (Smokey & the Miracles)

I made the personal decision not to nominate songs that already made the regular Tens, so I've selected