The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #183

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #183 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally didn't want to nominate Pearl Jam anymore, but this weekend a friend of mine played a track by them, without me knowing that he knew/liked them... made me happy :D

Why Go ~ Pearl Jam (1991) Video and mp3

(the quality of the youtube video isn't that high, press 'high quality' or listen to the mp3)

She scratches a letter

Into a wall, made of stone

Maybe someday

Another child

Won't feel as alone as she does

Eddie Vedder said: "The song 'Why Go' was written about a specific girl in Chicago... I think her mom caught her smoking pot or something. She was about 13 years old and she was just fine. I think her mom thought she had some troubles when I think it was really maybe the parents that were having troubles and the next thing you know, this young girl was in a hospital. They kept her there for quite a long time. She was so strong that she refused to accept many of the accusations of her doing terrible things when she wasn't really doing anything and the next thing you know, she'd been hospitalized for like 2 years.

The fact is that this is going on all over the place and this insurance thing that goes on with hospitals and insurance and these kind of counseling... prisons that they set up and it's really something that I think is really addressed subliminally in the song, but it has to be addressed on a bigger level. It happens everywhere and I just hope that someday we're able to change the fact that it is happening."

Autobahn ~ Kraftwerk (1974) Video and mp3

(the video is a cool live version, the mp3 is the 22min album version)

Wir fahrn, fahrn, fahrn

auf der Autobahn

I realized that Kraftwerk only isn't in the Ten yet, because everyone wanted this song to be their first song that makes it. ;)

"Hell Of A Summer" - The Triffids (1983)

Lyrics to "Hell Of A Summer":

It's been a hell of a summer to be lying so low

Dogs and cats dropping down in the street

Yellow bellies crying trick or treat, trick or treat, and I say to you ....It's been hell.

It's been a hell of a summer to be lying so low

Every word of kindness tastes like bile

Deep in our hearts, we knew it all the while, and I say to you ...It's been hell.

In the heat of the summer, to be kept lying way down so low

What you have sir, dispose of at your will

What you cannot have sir, you must kill, you must kill, and l say to you...It's been hell.

"Shine On" - The House Of Love (1990)