Rock songs with the tightest bassline?

golden_ann

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roundabout by Yes has a kickin' bassline (In the beggining). So does Money by Pink Floyd. A lot of the earlier Floyd stuff had really cool basslines, like Lucifer Sam, and Interstellar Overdrive. The bassline to Echano by Chuck Mangione is also great. The bass riff (also played on sax) in Domino by Van Morrison is cool. Those are a few of my favorites. I'm sure I will think of more as time goes on.

A lot of the earlier Floyd stuff had really cool basslines, like Lucifer Sam, and Interstellar Overdrive.

Man I love Lucifer Sam. I used to play it in a band (I was the bass player actually). We also used to cover that Stethoscope song which I loved to play too.

I forgot about Pigs!! I wasn't going to mention One Of These Days though because I said a lot of Pink Floyd stuff anyway. I love the part where it cuts in and out. Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk. Awesome song. I knew this kid who played the part of the masochistic patient in the play Little Shop Of Horrors, and everytime he would say Docter, he said it with this Jersey accent, and it sounded just like in Stethoscope when they are going "docta docta!"

• 2 weeks later...

Cake's "Raceway" has one of the best bass lines ever.

is that the one where he is saying "He's going the distance, he's going for speed?" Its a good riff!

All Along the Watchtower is a good Hendrix bass riff, I think he actually did the bass on that song

Money by Pink Floyd is my favorite though.

Cake's "Raceway" has one of the best bass lines ever.

is that the one where he is saying "He's going the distance, he's going for speed?" Its a good riff!

All Along the Watchtower is a good Hendrix bass riff, I think he actually did the bass on that song

I wanna Rock n Roll all night has a good bass riff

Money by Pink Floyd is my favorite though.

I think Flea does some of his best bass thumping on their cover of "Higher Ground." I'd like to add:

"Rock Lobster" by The B-52s. Once that gets in my head, it clutches tight and won't let go.

"Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes. And they don't even have a bass player.