The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #84

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #84! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs released from 1945 on, that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

:headphones:

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to go with 60's this week, but I'll save them for next week. This week, for the prog lovers, a very early example of progressive rock (this video sent Peachy into a psuedo LSD flashback)! :)

The Four Horsemen ~ Aphrodite's Child (1972)

maybe this is a regional favorite, but a favorite of mine just the same

Avenging Annie ~ Andy Pratt (1973)

Before The Next Teardrop Falls - Freddy Fender (1974)

We Are The Champions - Queen (1977)

I just saw the new 'Music Of Choice' Thread. :thumbsup:

A couple of my favorite Soundtracks are already there, but I'm going in to list a goodie (I think) now. Lucky, how about putting a 'Link' to it here ? Congratulations on the result Lucky - I know all of the hard work that you've put into it.

Thanks for the compliment, and the plug Darryl! :) It's not just me, but a joint effort by Elvish, our MoC (for the time being make that Mommy of Choice) Queen Mother, and my lovely assistant Martin (he loves when I call him that :) ).

A plug is not a bad idea however! If, you never seem to make it down to that "About Songfacts" area, cruise on down there and check it out! Unlike the Top Ten, everyone is invited to vote, regadless of whether you've nominated or not, so that we have a true representation of "The Songfactor's Music of Choice". And don't forget, if your nomination is selected, we'll brag about you a bit, and your suggestion will go into the new Amazon linked Store as OUR music of choice! :thumbsup:

Check it out here....

The Songfactor's Music of Choice

Hold that thought for a few days Radhi. :grin:

Our darling little grandchildren left on Saturday, so I'm around again if anyone wants to PT me. Some of you know how beautiful they are because I sent some Pics of Alyssa and Christopher. Their Mother doesn't like me putting the pics on the Net because of paedophiles. Terrible, isn't it. But the World is still a good place.

So the new 'Music Of Choice' was a joint project between Lucky, Elvy and Martin. Well done All !

:headphones:

This has never happened before...

I'll be voting for BOTH Oldfif's nominations! :shocked:

Unless there's a sudden influx of... you know... other stuff.

Radhi... you do realize that one of his nominations is by Freddie Fender? That not only is it old, but it's country? Oh my. Martin those pigs have powerful wings. They've flown all the way to the American west coast, and just zoomed past my window! :shocked: :grin:

Walking My Cat Named Dog-Norma Tanega circa 1966. This was a beat generation hit wayyyyy back when Uncle hung out at coffee bars. The meaning behind the lyrics to "Walkin'" is as follows: "I had always wanted a dog, but because of my living situation I could only have a cat; I named my cat dog and wrote a song about my dilemma."-Norma Tanega. Apparently, others could relate, because "Walkin'" zoomed to #22 on the Billboard charts.

Miranda-Melanie The sweet voiced Melanie Safka singing one of my favorite Phil Ochs songs at a Phil Ochs Memorial Concert circa 1976. Phil recorded the song on his Pleasures Of The Harbor Album in 1967. The Memorial Concert was held in 1976 shortly after he had committed suicide.

Melanie was such a cutie and had a lovely voice. Remember this one? Brand New Key