The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #76

Well , you hippie -freaks , I was gonna nominate " Sink The Bismark "- but I thought it might offend Farin ... ;)

Seriously ; I loved those songs as a kid . Along with ( and I don't know who sang it ) ; "A Scottish Soldier " . Old -I don't mean any offence - but get bent ! :laughing: :laughing:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of great hits in 1976 from which to choose. I was very surprised to see that my two nominees had never made a previous top ten. Unbelievable!

I think these are two winners. Classics IMO.

1. Right Back Where We Started From-Maxine Nightingale (1976) (best sounding)I feel like I'm on that bus in Slap Shot. What a great scene with the perfect song.

or... Maxine Live Turn up your speakers.

2. Lowdown-Boz Scaggs (1976) (best sounding). From one of the greatest albums ever..Silk Degrees.

or... Boz Live In Japan

Now you're groovin' in your chair. Diggin' it. Gittin' down wit it. Vote for them.

It sure is!

No Time ~ The Guess Who

Angry Eyes ~ Loggins & Messina (The great nomination. :bow: :rockon: :bow: )

"No Time" has been on my "lista" for quite awhile...I think I might of nominated it at one time also....depending on the other noms...I just might put this one as my #1.... :thumbsup:

"Angry Eyes"...also on my "lista"...I think it's a pretty heavy tune for L and M...I like it ... :thumbsup:

A lot of good noms this week, but I hope you will all find room in your Top Ten for these:

Brilliant Disguise - Bruce Springsteen (1987) Simple video, with Bruce singing live over a recorded track. I'm going to post these powerful lyrics on the Random lyrics thread for all interested.

What I Got - Sublime (1997) Rap, ska and rock all rolled into one song. Cool.