The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #64

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've Been a Bad Bad Boy - Paul Jones :thumbsup:

I hope a few people listen to that one, Lars. The ex-lead singer of Manfred Mann's best ever solo effort. In my Ten for sure ! And hasn't "Hippy Hippy Shake" by the SBJ ever been nominated ? That's surprising.

"The Chain" - Fleetwood Mac

"Ball And Chain" - Social Distortion

FYI: Sammy will be leaving for vacation on Wednesday to Branson, Missouri - that's right...the "Country Music Capital of the United States"....so he may not be here to vote this week, and he definitely won't be nominating next week, so don't wait around for him.

Now, Sammy isn't what one would call a huge fan of country music. He would not recognize a song by Alan Jackson, he does not own a rusted-out pickup truck, and he could not tell you what a black-eyed pea looks like. But he is open to new things; just ask any of the women he's been with.

However, it was the only time he and the girlfriend could get the time-share, and Branson isn't ONLY country music. We do have tickets to the Yakov Smirnoff Theater, although Sammy wonders what Yakov's act will be like 20 years after the Cold War has ended. Anyway, he was always funny on "Night Court", so I think he will probably put on a good show. "What a country!"

So, don't worry about Sammy, and don't look for him on the "Who's Missing" thread. He shall return a tanned and rejuvenated man....unless he drinks too much Southern Comfort and eats too many black-eyed peas and smashes his car into SOMEONE'S rusted-out pickup truck. Hopefully, this won't happen. And hopefully he won't run out of money and get stranded somewhere in Indiana, what with gas prices being $3.20 a gallon...f**k you, George Bush and your pack of oil-sucking cronies.

Anyway, Sammy digresses, and he would appreciate it if someone could find a link for his above nominations and post those links. I thank you in advance, I love you all, and I shall return to the boards within a couple of weeks. Y'all be cool, now.

(If anyone needs anything from Sammy, like rolling papers, answers to a Stones or Kinks question, or some virtual hot-monkey love, I will be here until tomorrow. After that, you're on your own.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sammy you doll! Goin' to Ozark country! They'll never know what hit 'em. You'll have a blast. There is lots to do other than Country music. Namely, stop off and see Elvy! Also the lake, the food (not too many black-eyed peas there), but make sure you see everyone's favorite (just ask Elvy) The Baldknobbers!! :laughing: It sounds worse than it is.

Y'all have fun! :thumbsup:

Sammy you doll! Goin' to Ozark country! They'll never know what hit 'em. You'll have a blast. There is lots to do other than Country music. Namely, stop off and see Elvy! Also the lake, the food (not too many black-eyed peas there), but make sure you see everyone's favorite (just ask Elvy) The Baldknobbers!! :laughing: It sounds worse than it is.

Y'all have fun! :thumbsup:

Sammy straight, so Sammy don't do lamb fries or Rocky Mountain Oysters. Are Baldknobbers the same thing? But I guess there's nothing that a few squirts of hot sauce wouldn't improve. And who knows, if the moment grabs me....

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

That is true on so many levels, Sammy. :laughing:

Enough of this tomfoolery.

Chains of Love - Erasure

Could It Be I'm Falling In Love? - The Spinners

Do I even need to ask about being YouTubed?

Edited by Guest
I was laboring under the false assumption that "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love?" was already a top tenner. It is my intention to rectify this egregious crime against humanity immediately, if not sooner.

considering the lyrics, they probably wanted it scary :crazy:

She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak

I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for whole weeks

I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap

I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black