Random Music Thoughts IV

Mike

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..on the cool side of things....I read this on Little Steven's wikipedia bio:

Personal life

Van Zandt is married to actress Maureen Van Zandt (formerly Maureen Santora) who portrays his wife Gabriella Dante in the TV series The Sopranos. They married in Asbury Park, New Jersey on December 29, 1982.[4] Bruce Springsteen was the best man at the ceremony and singers Percy Sledge and Little Richard duetted on When a Man Loves a Woman at the reception

Nice..

I was stuck in traffic today...traffic was backed up going both ways...so I cranked the tunes in the car...War (what is it good for) was playing.....so I was singing it out loud..the car on the other side of me had the same station on and he gave me the thumbs up...LOL...I gave thumbs up back...instead of the BADFINGER.... :P

I have reached the conclusion that Urban Hymns is my favourite album of all time above and beyond any other album that exists. More than eny KS or Chili Pepper or Blind Melon or Soul Asylum album. Sure, The Verve is something like no. 4 on my favourite bands list, but that album beats out all the others by a mile. It's the only one I have that gives me such intense cravings. So much so that the songs start going around and around in my head all mixed up with each other. And I love every single track! My least favourite is Bitter Sweet Symphony and I LOVE Bitter Sweet Symphony :crazy:

*sigh* I love it so much it hurts! :(

I have reached the conclusion that Urban Hymns is my favourite album of all time above and beyond any other album that exists. More than eny KS or Chili Pepper or Blind Melon or Soul Asylum album. Sure, The Verve is something like no. 4 on my favourite bands list, but that album beats out all the others by a mile. It's the only one I have that gives me such intense cravings. So much so that the songs start going around and around in my head all mixed up with each other. And I love every single track! My least favourite is Bitter Sweet Symphony and I LOVE Bitter Sweet Symphony :crazy:

*sigh* I love it so much it hurts! :(

I said this four days ago and I've been on a Verve kick for those four days and today I get a bulletin on Myspace saying:

Date: Jun 27, 2007 3:10 AM

Subject: The Verve Reunite, LP & Tour On Way

Body: The Verve are set to reunite for a winter tour.

The original band of Richard Ashcroft, Nick McCabe,Simon Jones and Pete Sailsbury have got together for the first time in almost a decade.

In a statement, the band have announced they were: "Getting back together for the joy of the music."

It is believed they will take a summer break and then return to the studio to complete their next album.

The band broke up in 1999, with the tumultuous relationship between Ashcroft and McCabe being well documented with the two exiting the band repeatedly since they began in 1993.

How's that, then? :crazy: